Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hall of Shame - quotes from those who predicted wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, since I have the pain of washing and waxing 5 TMC club members' cars - I am at least going to take the pleasure out of ridiculing those members who were 100% wrong and very vocal in telling everyone so that the announcement could not be 2.0.

At least - until some killjoy moderator decides this tongue in cheek thread is snippy.

Please mod - don't snip me bro!

And we start with dearly beloved @Alketi

calisnow, not sure why you're going all in on AP 2.0...a Tesla bank/financing product that enables buyers to lease a car + solar + storage for a single monthly fee...is my personal bet at this point).

To me, the last minute nature of the announcement and the lack of invitations are the biggest strikes against this being AP 2.0 ...
Of course, I could be wrong as well. )

Yep, you were wrong. I love you bro. Don't take this as sniping - I'm in the best mood I've been in, since, I can't remember.

Reactions: Alketi
The cool thing is a person could have voted for three things and still got it right

The second part of the Model 3 reveal that explains why the interior is the way it is
The AP 2.0 (the vast majority of people picked this)
The snake supercharger charger

I can't remember what I voted for, but it's irrelevant because I stated that I didn't think any option really fit what Elon said it was. He said it was a product and it was unexpected. A feature upgrade is not a product, and it wasn't unexpected. So no I could not have predicted it.

I did say the excitement of AP 2.0 would more than make up for being wrong. So I'm happy it is AP 2.0, but a little miffed at the way they're marketing it. $8K without really knowing what you're going to end up with? Sure I'd do it because I live and breathe this stuff, but some clueless idiot will be pissed off that he/she didn't get what they were expecting.

Elon can pull more money from peoples pockets for things that don't exist than even kickstarter.

And we start with dearly beloved @Alketi
Yep, you were wrong. I love you bro. Don't take this as sniping - I'm in the best mood I've been in, since, I can't remember.
You nailed it man, gotta give you credit. And, I always wanted to be in a Hall of Something, so thank you!

I had thought that AP 2.0 would be a bigger announcement, not something so last minute. It even sounds like they were awake all weekend, as you said, furiously re-training the neural nets. :) Cheers. As an aside, I think Elon muddled the water today by mentioning "Model 3 part 2" -- really not sure why he did that as it set the wrong expectations, at least for the afternoon.

But, seriously enjoy! Are you going to order your Model S now? As a future Model 3 owner I'm going to love the one year plus of fleet learning before my car arrives. :)

Wait a minute, you inducted ME into the Hall of Shame? What about this!?

EDIT: I'm doubling down. If the announcement is not only Autopilot 2.0 but is ALSO Autopilot 2.0 that is hardware capable of Level 4 autonomy I will wash and wax the first FIVE Teslas belonging to owners in Southern California who respond to this thread staking their place in line.

You doubled-down on both sides!!!

Um, yes that's the joke - a Terminator reference to turning on skynet - the rise of the robots.

Even a decade ago, this whole skynet/terminator thing seemed utterly impossible. I'm really not so sure any more. What was ridiculously impossible just a bit ago seems to be happening with disturbing speed.

Have fun doing your car washes! :) You're being a really good sport about it.