TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hall of Shame - quotes from those who predicted wrong

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Oct 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

So, since I have the pain of washing and waxing 5 TMC club members' cars - I am at least going to take the pleasure out of ridiculing those members who were 100% wrong and very vocal in telling everyone so that the announcement could not be 2.0.

At least - until some killjoy moderator decides this tongue in cheek thread is snippy.

Please mod - don't snip me bro!

• Funny x 3
  2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Can't be snippy to state facts about what others have actually said. It's fair game! At least you're owning up to your bet so you have all the right!

• Funny x 1
  3. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

And we start with dearly beloved @Alketi

Yep, you were wrong. I love you bro. Don't take this as sniping - I'm in the best mood I've been in, since, I can't remember.

• Like x 1
  4. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Nice try but Elon decided to go with Skynet instead. I bow down before my emperor.

5. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

You sir, undoubtedly thought you were only making a joke.

Hmmm. . .

• Funny x 3
  6. hollywood

hollywood Member

thanks for offering the car wash. i'm glad I replied!

• Like x 1
  7. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I will be going through the thread in the morning, tally up the first five, and notifying owners via PM. :sigh:

Well, hopefully thumbing my nose at Elon helped speed up the revolution a bit - heh

8. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

The cool thing is a person could have voted for three things and still got it right

The second part of the Model 3 reveal that explains why the interior is the way it is
    The AP 2.0 (the vast majority of people picked this)
    The snake supercharger charger

I can't remember what I voted for, but it's irrelevant because I stated that I didn't think any option really fit what Elon said it was. He said it was a product and it was unexpected. A feature upgrade is not a product, and it wasn't unexpected. So no I could not have predicted it.

I did say the excitement of AP 2.0 would more than make up for being wrong. So I'm happy it is AP 2.0, but a little miffed at the way they're marketing it. $8K without really knowing what you're going to end up with? Sure I'd do it because I live and breathe this stuff, but some clueless idiot will be pissed off that he/she didn't get what they were expecting.

Elon can pull more money from peoples pockets for things that don't exist than even kickstarter.

9. Alketi

Alketi Member

You nailed it man, gotta give you credit. And, I always wanted to be in a Hall of Something, so thank you!

I had thought that AP 2.0 would be a bigger announcement, not something so last minute. It even sounds like they were awake all weekend, as you said, furiously re-training the neural nets. :) Cheers. As an aside, I think Elon muddled the water today by mentioning "Model 3 part 2" -- really not sure why he did that as it set the wrong expectations, at least for the afternoon.

But, seriously enjoy! Are you going to order your Model S now? As a future Model 3 owner I'm going to love the one year plus of fleet learning before my car arrives. :)

10. Alketi

Alketi Member

Wait a minute, you inducted ME into the Hall of Shame? What about this!?

You doubled-down on both sides!!!

11. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS75D

I did not know they had a relationship with Skynet. That name reminds me of some Terminator talk. Same outfit? Who are these guys?

12. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

#12 calisnow, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Um, yes that's the joke - a Terminator reference to turning on skynet - the rise of the robots. Unless the joke is on me - falling for a joke in which you pretend to not get the Skynet reference.

13. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Even a decade ago, this whole skynet/terminator thing seemed utterly impossible. I'm really not so sure any more. What was ridiculously impossible just a bit ago seems to be happening with disturbing speed.

Have fun doing your car washes! :) You're being a really good sport about it.