Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hand free front door, how to set it up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, guys,

I watched some videos show that Model X driver's door can open it up automatcially when getting close.
But mine doesn't seem have such function?
Wonder if this function only been included in some special package? or every model x has it? And how to active it?

Thank you

Hi, guys,

I watched some videos show that Model X driver's door can open it up automatcially when getting close.
But mine doesn't seem have such function?
Wonder if this function only been included in some special package? or every model x has it? And how to active it?

Thank you

You need to specify the build date and spec of your X, that feature is included now with all X's, but on older X's built before July 2018, it was part of the premium upgrade package on non performance models.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH
Handsfree door opening is pretty useless for me, so much so that I disabled it almost immediately.
Only if Tesla would include a foot control instead (like those found in doctors' offices to activate the faucet for hand washing).

On second thought, Tesla should make it so that the cameras can detect when an owner does a particular dance move to signify when to open the door. Would be cool and amusing at the same time.

Last edited: