Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hand Signed Powerwall 2 Signature Red Edition - for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Through the referral program I won the new Powerwall and it's hand signed by Elon Musk, JB Straubel, and Franz Von Holzhausen.

Just wondering if anyone is interested in buying mine? If so, just send me a PM and we can work something out. Texting me would actually be even easier, so feel free to do that too (734-six,five,seven-4048).

Hey @th
Hey guys,

Through the referral program I won the new Powerwall and it's hand signed by Elon Musk, JB Straubel, and Franz Von Holzhausen.

Just wondering if anyone is interested in buying mine? If so, just send me a PM and we can work something out. Texting me would actually be even easier, so feel free to do that too (734-six,five,seven-4048).
Hey,
I won one as well and have to sell mine since we're just renting and moving soon.

Would you happen to know if, and in case yes, up to what amount, installation is included with the prize? Need to factor that into the price when selling ;)

Thanks so much,
Ben

My powerwall is no longer available - It's been sold to Bob from Iowa.
I'm the "Bob from Iowa" who bought ThatGoogleGuy's Powerwall 2 (PW2). We're obviously at the mercy of Tesla regarding when they'll ship his Founders Series PW2 earned in the Referral Program. And more importantly, if they'll ship and/or install directly to/for me (I'm not expecting that, but would be super-thrilled if they did).

So is there anyone who has actually, physically received their PW2 yet? In addition to this purchase of the red PW2, I also placed my order with $500 deposit for a regular white PW2 back on 10/31/16. I'd like to stack the red PW2 in front of the regular white PW2, as I likely need the 27 kWh to store my excess solar production from my 16 kW system (for my home, Model S, Cadillac ELR, and Chevy Volt).

I got my call from SolarCity/Tesla Energy at Tesla HQ back in January, saying that my reservation on the white PW2 would be "coming soon." Since then it's been crickets. I know Tesla has been busy fulfilling Powerpack orders for utilities; ergo, this delay on the PW2 is not surprising. But I'm really hoping someone can share more information about an ACTUAL shipment and/or installation (either Founders Series or regular white PW2), as Tesla has stated a Tesla-certified electrician must install the PW2 (e.g., warranty). And I know their focus is on the CA rollout first, as that's where I'm reading about the site surveys this past month or two. But I'm in Iowa, and there is not a single Tesla-certified electrician in the Quad Cities area. I made my own appointment with Koehler Electric (one of the biggest/best electrical contractors in my area) for a site survey this Friday. But I don't know if I'm wasting my money, if Tesla isn't shipping soon or certifying anyone for my installation. To further complicate things, I'm currently installing phase two of my solar (going from 10.4 to 16.1 kW of ACPV solar with the addition of my 3rd array of 20 panels; so 60 panels total). My building permit and utility interconnection agreement both include the PW2, but I will soon finish the solar without physically having my PW2(s)! And if that happens, then I need to start over with a new (2nd) building permit and utility interconnection agreement, according to both bureaucracies. Grrr. I've read endless stories on TMC about site surveys, but what I'm seeking here on this forum is evidence/stories of the steps "after" site surveys (i.e., actual installations of the first PW2s). Many thanks for your help!

I share your frustration with the powerwall 2 delays. I have several powerwalls reserved and have basically been told "soon" since early February. I have a fair chunk of change set aside for my powerwall project (3-4 powerwalls) but if they don't get their act together soon, I might have to find another use for the funds (a new outdoor space is on the table). If the model 3 rollout goes similarly then those funds might find their way somewhere else as well. Tesla is not a boutique company anymore. They need to get their cr@p sorted.

I'm really hoping someone can share more information about an ACTUAL shipment and/or installation
I've searched extensively and I haven't found a single mention of an actual installation anywhere (not just this site).