Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handling - here's what I'm thinking...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a P85+ in Newport Beach.

Running through a corner really hard, I noticed that although the car itself hugged the turn I felt a "floaty" sensation. Although I'm not sure, I thought I felt the air suspension "correcting" for the corner... and it felt a little strange (especially in comparison to either my Porsche or highly modified Nissan Z).

This, combined with my concern that the air suspension system may have a limited life span (albeit perhaps 10 years or so) and ultimately may have a very high repair bill, cemented my decision to go with the "standard" coil suspension. I'm thinking that in the near future there will be some aftermarket (or Tesla offered) suspension upgrades I can take advantage of similar to what I did with my Z.

What do you guys think about putting P85+ control arms on a P85 with no air suspension?

Just thinking...

Last edited:
Can't say I have felt the same thing. I have owned or own a number of cars considered excellent handling machines and the P85+ is remarkable in the way it handles considering it's a large and heavy sedan.