Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hands-Free Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hands-free trunk recently introduced seems to be either on or off option, without a delay for opening the trunk, i.e. trunk opened during a heavy thunderstorm after I was walking by the rear of my Model S and dropped my phone, sure enough heard the chimes and trunk opened; needless to say what happened. There should’ve been an option for delaying it or something; as is it’s more an annoyance than a helpful feature … will disabled it and keep opening the trunk either manually or from my Apple watch.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 8
Yep,,,I turned mine off yesterday. I was having a conversation with a friend behind my car that I saw in a parking lot and the trunk opened. Then it happened again at the car wash. For me the perfect solution has been integration with iphone and short cuts. I have the accessibility feature turned on which allows Siri to work even if it is in your pocket. When I leave the supermarket or any other place, I simply say “hey siri open the tesla trunk” and it opens from where ever I am. This also works with Locking, pre cooling and frunk too. Its great on my model X because I have a dog and typically open the falcon doors and passenger doors to get him and the seat towels out….As I walk away, I simply say “hey Siri Lock the Tesla” (while the phone is in my pocket) and it closes and locks everything!. IMO the auto trunk should use the rear camera to look for some pre set visual que like swinging your foot to open,,,But in the meantime the Siri short cuts are even better than using the auto trunk features on traditional cars

Reactions: narth327
No complaints here; it's programmed exactly like I would like it to be and I can't think of anything that could be done to improve it. It starts its countdown within a second or two of stopping behind the car, the countdown beeps and flashes are very obvious and hard to miss, and it gives you plenty of time to cancel the opening if you didn't intend to open it. And of course the best part is you don't have to mess around with trying to do some visual cue like sticking a foot under the bumper while your hands are full with two toddlers and shopping bags.

Reactions: cptnslo