Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 9inch dash screen won't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any one help me with this?
I have the 9 inch dash screen, the OTA version.
I've been unable to connect the unit to the Tesla Bluetooth.
My android phone has connected to the hansshow unit fine and AA is working but without connecting to the car all auto is coming out of the rubbish on board little speaker.

When I search I can find BT-TSLA but the car fails to connect to the unit.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong and hansshow simply say there will be an update to fix it.
I find it hard to believe this has always been an issue as I've seem many other people with the unit don't have this problem.
20230408_110558.jpg
20230408_110612.jpg

I've been using the Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen (Linux 9.0") successfully for several months in my 2020 M3LY, but after Tesla's recent software update 2023.38.6, BT-TSLA has disappeared from the Bluetooth device screen and Bluetooth can no longer find BT-TSLA in the Add New Device > Start Search screen.

I have updated the Hansshow Dashboard Touch Screen to the latest firmware version, and I've also verified that the Tesla can see and pair other Bluetooth devices. But it can no longer find BT-TSLA.

I've sent an email to @Hansshow in hopes that there's a fix so the Tesla can find BT-TSLA again.

Anybody else experience the same issue?
I have the exact same problem. Tesla keep searching but cannot find the BT-TSLA ... I can connect phone to tesla and the screen no problem and carplay audio go to the hansshow screen speaker. Just problem from tesla bluetooth to screen

Upvote 0
I've been using the Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen (Linux 9.0") successfully for several months in my 2020 M3LY, but after Tesla's recent software update 2023.38.6, BT-TSLA has disappeared from the Bluetooth device screen and Bluetooth can no longer find BT-TSLA in the Add New Device > Start Search screen.

I have updated the Hansshow Dashboard Touch Screen to the latest firmware version, and I've also verified that the Tesla can see and pair other Bluetooth devices. But it can no longer find BT-TSLA.

I've sent an email to @Hansshow in hopes that there's a fix so the Tesla can find BT-TSLA again.

Anybody else experience the same issue?
I have the same issue. Tesla will look for BT-TSLA forever and never finds it..

Also for some reason when I get in the car my phone (Samsung Galaxy S22) will automatically connects to Tesla but won't automatically connect to Hansshow screen. I have to go in the phone settings and manually connect to BT-LINK

Upvote 0
Same issue here with my TM3 "Propulsion" 2022 since firmware update 2023.38.6 and my 8.8" touch screen android.
It seems to me to be an hardware issue as I've succesfully installed and connect by BT a rear device screen (not hansshow).
Btw, Hansshow support reported me they are workking on. I just think it's unfair not to mention it on their website ?
Another flaw of this device is that it get stuck quite often, sometimes rebooting by itself, sometimes being freezed until next startup. Maybe related to wiring issue or emf sensibility ?
In the same way, when android auto fails to connect, it's then not possible to get it work until next restart of the device. there's a trick with my phone network's status when I enter the car : I should have BT on and WIFI access point active on my phone.
I trust you Hansshow. Wait and see

Reactions: Timbo2
Upvote 0
Your tesla can detect BT-TSLA?

Your tesla can detect BT-TSLA? My Tesla MY stays searching forever without detect BT-TSLA ...
Nope.. only my iPhone detects it. My Tesla use to detect it but after the latest update, it doesn’t anymore. I had the same issue with my Watchla app where it cannot connect to my Tesla but they pushed out a new update and it can connect to Tesla’s new API, the app works now.

Not sure how we can get the firmware from Hansshow. I don’t think there is OAT update for the 9inch Linux version.

Upvote 0
Nope.. only my iPhone detects it. My Tesla use to detect it but after the latest update, it doesn’t anymore. I had the same issue with my Watchla app where it cannot connect to my Tesla but they pushed out a new update and it can connect to Tesla’s new API, the app works now.

Not sure how we can get the firmware from Hansshow. I don’t think there is OAT update for the 9inch Linux version.
They got our money lol ... also today i got an email from them with the update 9" linux with added front camera. Within the product detail page, it look exactly the same info. Wondering if the new updated 9" linux has updated firmware.

Upvote 0
For now I am using the display for display only to control the car play apps. Audio are set to play directly from my phone to the Tesla headunit. I was wondering if this is a better and more efficient way or there are different reason for going from phone to display then display to Tesla. I try music, maps, phone and other apps and audio are playing through tesla speakers. Maybe you all should try this alternative way. Waiting for hanshow to release an update (if at all) is like waiting for the Cybertruck lol..

Upvote 0
hansshow support reply me by mail 2 days ago :
'Currently, a mobile phone is required to connect to the original car to play sound because Tesla has disabled third-party Bluetooth devices.'
Same answer than 1 month ago.
As my rear display successfully connects to tesla bt audio, I'm still wondering if this is an hardware issue (bt 906) or software one.
btw, the answer sounds to me to be more a fatal fate issue than an wanted expected solved one 😂

Upvote 0