Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardware Improvements Incorporated Since Launch......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've all read about Tesla's policy of "continuous improvement" vs waiting for the next model year like conventional automobile manufacturers do to incorporate new/improved components in their products.

Even though Tesla has only been producing the Model Y for six months now, they have made quite a few hardware changes in the vehicle since launch. Below is the list of hardware changes that I can recall off the top of my head.. please feel free to add anything I've missed hardware wise...

Trailer Hitch made available as a factory option

Heat pump acoustic cover added

Door unlock switches updated with descriptive icon

One piece rear mega-casting created

Updated Tail lights

I didn't know they updated the door switches, what do those look like now? I just got the stickers from abstract ocean for my car... funny even with them people for the first time seem to find the manual unlock lever some how.

Double paned windows, heated steering wheel, updated center console, USB-C in glovebox (with included Tesla USB drive), adaptive headlights (Performance only so far), and 82 kWh battery (Performance so far).

Also looks like the trim on the inside of the front doors is being changed slightly according to the photos on the Tesla website. I haven't seen any delivered like this yet though.

Reactions: saltsman