Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harumio requesting Tesla user name and password account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a CCS 1 adapter from Harumio about a month ago but the order was canceled when they ran out of stock. I recently inquired about when they would have stock again for purchasing. They responded that the CCS1 adapter could be purchased now through a custom order process. However they are asking for my Tesla account user name and password to process the order. This information was not requested before and Tesla advises against giving out this information. Does anyone think there is a valid reason for a CCS 1 vendor needing this information.

I'm curious, how necessary do people find these adapters? Obviously everyone's personal usage will dicate that but I'm interested to know if people are buying it "just in case" or if they have actual plans to use the adaptor regularly? We tend to regularly travel med-long ish distances but often no more than 500 miles from home so the tesla supercharger network has been just fine for us. I'm just curious to know where people are going and how far they are traveling to necessitate CCS1 charging?

Upvote 0
I'm curious, how necessary do people find these adapters? Obviously everyone's personal usage will dicate that but I'm interested to know if people are buying it "just in case" or if they have actual plans to use the adaptor regularly? We tend to regularly travel med-long ish distances but often no more than 500 miles from home so the tesla supercharger network has been just fine for us. I'm just curious to know where people are going and how far they are traveling to necessitate CCS1 charging?
It isn’t necessary but I have free CCS charging stations in my area and so the adapter would pay for itself.

Upvote 0
I use mine on road trips which is quite frequent. I'm much happier paying .31 kw/h than Tesla prices. On the 1st go around of the Tesla branded ones. I bought 4, sold 3 at profit which paid for mine. So mine was free :D

Upvote 0
I have free DC charging in my city, so no brainer

Upvote 0
I have free DC charging in my city, so no brainer
Yup I used the free ccs1 in Pasadena a few times using my ccs1 adapter. Nice setups in that town. One lot has tesla supercharger hardware and the ccs1 hardware in the same parking spot. First time I have seen that. I have a few free ccs1 near me but they are usually busy especially the Los Angeles zoo/ Griffith park unit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 3.37.44 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 3.37.44 AM.png
    828.9 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0
Yup I used the free ccs1 in Pasadena a few times using my ccs1 adapter. Nice setups in that town. One lot has tesla supercharger hardware and the ccs1 hardware in the same parking spot. First time I have seen that. I have a few free ccs1 near me but they are usually busy especially the Los Angeles zoo/ Griffith park unit.
If you are in Pasadena again soon, go by CalTech they have 115 j1772 chargers and 10 free DC fast ones.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Upvote 0