Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harumio requesting Tesla user name and password account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a CCS 1 adapter from Harumio about a month ago but the order was canceled when they ran out of stock. I recently inquired about when they would have stock again for purchasing. They responded that the CCS1 adapter could be purchased now through a custom order process. However they are asking for my Tesla account user name and password to process the order. This information was not requested before and Tesla advises against giving out this information. Does anyone think there is a valid reason for a CCS 1 vendor needing this information.

But even after providing this info will they fill the order? Have seen recent reports that orders to the US are not being filled.
That's the question. I've heard Tesla has started blocking any non-South Korean credit cards from being used to purchase the adapters and cancelling orders that they suspect are being shipped to proxy addresses in SK as well. I'm guessing harumio had several proxies lined up to be able to order the adapters in bulk, but then Tesla shut that all down.

FWIW, I purchased an adapter from harumio and gave them my login info (I changed the PW and disabled remote access to my 3 while they had access to my account). Nothing bad happened.

I feel like many prospective buyers won't want to hand over their login info, even if they take the steps above. The pool of available CCS1 adapters is gonna dry up like water on the west coast, which means prices for these adapters on Ebay etc are gonna skyrocket!

Upvote 0
Still out of stock on Ingenext web site too.

1659619933089.png

Upvote 0
That's the question. I've heard Tesla has started blocking any non-South Korean credit cards from being used to purchase the adapters and cancelling orders that they suspect are being shipped to proxy addresses in SK as well. I'm guessing harumio had several proxies lined up to be able to order the adapters in bulk, but then Tesla shut that all down.

FWIW, I purchased an adapter from harumio and gave them my login info (I changed the PW and disabled remote access to my 3 while they had access to my account). Nothing bad happened.

I feel like many prospective buyers won't want to hand over their login info, even if they take the steps above. The pool of available CCS1 adapters is gonna dry up like water on the west coast, which means prices for these adapters on Ebay etc are gonna skyrocket!
When did you make your purchase? Here is Harumio’s reasoning for needing info.

1659626362580.png
Guess it does come down to possible risks.

Thank you all for your responses. As much as I would really like a CCS 1 adapter for road trips I can’t get past possible risks, albeit maybe remote, of giving a third party complete access to my Tesla account. Especially since the purported reason for needing this info is to verify I do not have a CCS1 already.

Reactions: house9
Upvote 0

I just placed an order with them for the adapter Let’s see what happens.

Upvote 0
Apart from knowing where your car is, what are the risks with sharing this with them if you don’t have credit cards on file? I assume ownership is tied to the VIN and that it would be difficult to switch that from your phone.

But even after providing this info will they fill the order? Have seen recent reports that orders to the US are not being filled.

When did you make your purchase? Here is Harumio’s reasoning for needing info.

View attachment 836608Guess it does come down to possible risks.

Thank you all for your responses. As much as I would really like a CCS 1 adapter for road trips I can’t get past possible risks, albeit maybe remote, of giving a third party complete access to my Tesla account. Especially since the purported reason for needing this info is to verify I do not have a CCS1 already.
I and many others ordered through Harumio and gave them our Tesla account info so they could order the adapter. After a while they found a way to order multiple adapters and keep some in stock so that people wouldn't have to give out their account info (since many like you are not comfortable with it). It looks like Tesla found out that they were making bulk orders and found a way to stop them.

However, Harumio is trustworthy because this is their whole business model - order things that are only for sale in South Korea for people in other countries that want them.

The reason they need your Tesla account is because only someone with a Tesla account can order the adapter. Also, they pay for it with their credit card and ship it to a warehouse in South Korea. That's how they get through Tesla's block on shipping to other countries. Finally, they have no access to your credit card info from your account (and you don't either, try it). At worst they could order stuff from the Tesla online store and automatically pay with your credit card on file, but your bank would alert you to an international charge and you could always dispute fraudulent charges.

I'll say again, there's no need to worry about using Harumio because many of us used them and gave them our account info. Some people changed their password to give to them for ordering, and as soon as they got confirmation that Harumio shipped their package they changed the password back. See here for a few of multiple threads with many satisfied customers
#1 Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

#2 CCS1 Tesla Adapter

Edit to add that you can use a different package forwarding service like Delivered Korea to order the adapter yourself, but it won't be as easy. You have to translate the order page into English to order, need to know how to fill out the Korean address that you "rent" from Delivered Korea, and will most likely have difficulties with it accepting your credit card as valid. Then you are still having to trust a 3rd party (Delivered Korea) to receive the package and forward it to you. It's just easier to use Harumio.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbarnum
Upvote 0
So Tesla never actually canceled your order through a 3rd party, because they have no way to do that and your story is BS

The email from Tesla Korea like I said only states that the order is cancelled…

You can find more people who have had their Harumio and Soom Lab order cancelled here:

Upvote 0
That is how Harumio was handling orders originally. Lots of people changed their password, gave it to them to let them place the order, and then changed the password again. I didn't see anyone report that they did anything nefarious.
Yup, that's how I got mine. It's a calculated risk, but plenty of others have had a good experience. I changed my password to something like Harumio1! Before giving them the login though. Changed it back after I got shipping confirmation from DHL.

It's funny though, I recently ordered some air filters and recognized I forgot to change the shipping address back. It was going to ship them to somewhere in South Korea. :)

**Reading other posts, it looks like this might not work any more**

Upvote 0