Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried a Hansshow Streaming Rearview mirror as a front camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In situations where the lack of a front camera on the Model Y has posed challenges, particularly during underground parking maneuvers, I encountered a suggestion from a YouTuber. He suggested installing a Hansshow Streaming Rearview Mirror and utilizing the rear camera positioned under the front license plate as a front camera alternative.
Upon trying this solution, I discovered that the rear camera's mirrored view caused the left and right directions to be reversed. After contacting Hansshow, I learned that their back camera employs an MX55J/MX 9A-type connection. Consequently, it appears that replacing the rear camera with a new front camera featuring the same connection would resolve the issue.
If anyone within the community has firsthand experience with this setup? I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you can provide.

In situations where the lack of a front camera on the Model Y has posed challenges, particularly during underground parking maneuvers, I encountered a suggestion from a YouTuber. He suggested installing a Hansshow Streaming Rearview Mirror and utilizing the rear camera positioned under the front license plate as a front camera alternative.
Upon trying this solution, I discovered that the rear camera's mirrored view caused the left and right directions to be reversed. After contacting Hansshow, I learned that their back camera employs an MX55J/MX 9A-type connection. Consequently, it appears that replacing the rear camera with a new front camera featuring the same connection would resolve the issue.
If anyone within the community has firsthand experience with this setup? I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you can provide.
I don’t have experience with that system as I have an Autovox T9 (I think it’s called).

For a while, I experimented with different cameras on Aliexpress. There are a bunch of different technologies and resolutions to deal with, so make sure you match that.

For that price(if you can return the product), one suggestion is to get instrument cluster display with carplay and front camera. You get all these additional features for about the same price or less. There is also one without carplay, which is cheaper and you get blind spot monitoring(when turn signal is on) and instrument cluster with auto pilot info for free.

The installation cost me too much and replacing the camera should solve the problem. Second, I like the idea of being able to use the rearview mirror to monitor the front of the car when I need to. And above all, this install does not interfere with the Tesla system. Hansshow is notorious for not providing software updates and their support service is close to zero. Better to have no need for it.