Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Tesla Model Y Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Motors Club,

I am pleased to join the community as I am now a new proud owner of a 2023 Model Y built in GigaAustin.

The fit and finish were great as no issues found. I did notice drivers side door did close little hard (had to slam to shut) but owning the car for more than one week it has gotten better or I just learned to close it harder. I did have a small issue connecting to my home Wi-Fi but after taking to Tesla and rebooting the car (pressing both buttons on steering wheel) I was able to connect. I have not had any OTA yet currently running on version 2022.40.200.

A few things I miss or still trying to adjust to coming from a 2020 Telluride SX. I really miss the 360 surround Birds Eye view of the vehicle and parking sensors for parking in tight parking spaces and in my narrow garage. I hope that Tesla will bring updates with Tesla Vision to have include a drivers view of around the car. My MYLR does not have cameras by the front bumper but only the 3 cameras on the rear view mirror. This won’t be exactly a precise view around the car (blind shots directly by front bumper and side front finders). If Tesla adds this feature then I would help with parking assist.

I am also not getting any blind spot monitoring chime or alert. I have not found out how to turn this on or if the 2023 Model Y without USS even has this feature yet.

I know that Tesla states these functions are coming soon for the parking assist but is anyone else having trouble with blind spot alerts?

Overall I am still so happy with my purchase especially after receiving $3750 discount for December delivery as I will not qualify for next years EV Tax Credit. The car drives great and I am sure I have a steep learning curve since I am new to Teslas. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Welcome to the club!

Regarding blind spot chime, there is one that you can activate (I believe from the "Safety" menu), but it only sounds when you are about to run into a car in your blind spot. I have heard this warning sound twice since I took delivery of my MYP in 9/2021. Once in my own MYP and once in a M3P I rented. Both times I had a vehicle surprisingly move into my blind spot as I was about to change lanes and each time the warning sound came on and the car did a steering adjustment to get me out of harm's way.

As for something like the traditional blind spot warning light, Teslas don't have that, but I've gotten pretty used to the blind spot camera feed so when changing lanes I usually check the mirrors (I have them adjusted wide to cover my blind spots) then as I move into the lane I take a quick glance at the blind spot camera feed to see if anything has moved into the spot. Works well for me but I understand for some people it doesn't work.

Hopefully once you are accustomed the the car everything will work well for you. I suggest reading many posts on this site and learning as much about the Model Y as you can to prepare yourself for all situations. Enjoy!

Hello Tesla Motors Club,

I am pleased to join the community as I am now a new proud owner of a 2023 Model Y built in GigaAustin.

The fit and finish were great as no issues found. I did notice drivers side door did close little hard (had to slam to shut) but owning the car for more than one week it has gotten better or I just learned to close it harder. I did have a small issue connecting to my home Wi-Fi but after taking to Tesla and rebooting the car (pressing both buttons on steering wheel) I was able to connect. I have not had any OTA yet currently running on version 2022.40.200.

A few things I miss or still trying to adjust to coming from a 2020 Telluride SX. I really miss the 360 surround Birds Eye view of the vehicle and parking sensors for parking in tight parking spaces and in my narrow garage. I hope that Tesla will bring updates with Tesla Vision to have include a drivers view of around the car. My MYLR does not have cameras by the front bumper but only the 3 cameras on the rear view mirror. This won’t be exactly a precise view around the car (blind shots directly by front bumper and side front finders). If Tesla adds this feature then I would help with parking assist.

I am also not getting any blind spot monitoring chime or alert. I have not found out how to turn this on or if the 2023 Model Y without USS even has this feature yet.

I know that Tesla states these functions are coming soon for the parking assist but is anyone else having trouble with blind spot alerts?

Overall I am still so happy with my purchase especially after receiving $3750 discount for December delivery as I will not qualify for next years EV Tax Credit. The car drives great and I am sure I have a steep learning curve since I am new to Teslas. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Welcome to the Tesla family; Gives us an update on your actual range, specially when you take it on a long road trip. 👍🏻

My MYP del was 12/12/2022 and the vin says 2023 version. When did they stop including the parcel shelf for the rear? Obviously they did not give me one.
Not sure why, but Tesla has only been providing the parcel shelf in the Austin build vehicles - not Fremont. Position 11 in your VIN determines the factory, with F = Fremont and A = Austin.

I just accepted delivery of my Model Y last night, everything is great except I am also having trouble with the driver's door shutting (and really miss the parking sensors that I have in my Model 3).

Reactions: kpanda17
Hello Tesla Motors Club,

I did a specific test on my 2023 Tesla MY RWD in the highway.
Tried activating the lane change right signals while I was beside (left of) another car running.
On the screen that car became RED and all the separation lines became RED as well.
No audible alert, but on the screen it was pretty clear that "something bad is on your right where you would like to go".

Anyone tried that?

Not sure why, but Tesla has only been providing the parcel shelf in the Austin build vehicles - not Fremont. Position 11 in your VIN determines the factory, with F = Fremont and A = Austin.

I just accepted delivery of my Model Y last night, everything is great except I am also having trouble with the driver's door shutting (and really miss the parking sensors that I have in my Model 3).
I received the parcel shelf with my Fremont build.

My YP is Fremont build and I have the shelf..

Reactions: Oparide
I did a specific test on my 2023 Tesla MY RWD in the highway.
Tried activating the lane change right signals while I was beside (left of) another car running.
On the screen that car became RED and all the separation lines became RED as well.
No audible alert, but on the screen it was pretty clear that "something bad is on your right where you would like to go".

Anyone tried that?
Haven’t tried this, at least not on purpose. Thanks for letting us know what the car does!