Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Upgraded Non-Performance Brakes to Performance Brakes Successfully???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More specifically the rear brakes???. I ended up buying front and rear OEM performance brakes and the fronts installed without a hitch, but the rears are posing a problem. I was told the e-brake wouldn't work properly and my installer talked to the Tesla mobile tech guy and he said he didn't think you could just swap it out due to ebrake issue and even software issues(error codes and such).

Does anyone have experience with this?. If this is true, then even aftermarket BBK's such as Brembo and Stoptech would not work for rears for the same reason right????

I have still under 1000 miles on my M3, normal, not performance. I almost never use my brakes.

i'm curious the use-case for needing beefier brakes? I thought most ppl were getting upwards of 100k miles out of them. Only been out a year now, curious your reasoning.

I expect most folks don't upgrade them at all since there's no benefit outside a race track... and most who do so would've swapped on beefier brakes than the ones the P come with (something like MPPs offering)

I bought performance brakes mostly for 90% for looks and 10% for actual performance...I didn't realize the putting on one rear performance brakes would pose such a problem ...I bet there is a work around for this...so nobody has upgraded the rears with Brembo and Stoptech's???...If done, I'd be curious to see how they did this.

My shop spoke directly with the lead Tesla mobile guy and it was him that said these perf rears just might not work on non-p car.

Odd that the prints can be swapped without any issues.

I bought performance brakes mostly for 90% for looks and 10% for actual performance...I didn't realize the putting on one rear performance brakes would pose such a problem ...I bet there is a work around for this...so nobody has upgraded the rears with Brembo and Stoptech's???...If done, I'd be curious to see how they did this.

My shop spoke directly with the lead Tesla mobile guy and it was him that said these perf rears just might not work on non-p car.

Odd that the prints can be swapped without any issues.

You could have just painted them red. They’re the same dimensions if I recall correctly. At least no one will know the difference.

• Funny
Reactions: PittCaleb