Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone used the Tesla reccomended body shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone dented my tailgate with a shopping cart. Its a pretty good dent abour 2" in diameter and 1/2 inch deep, right at the top of the tailgate in the middle. Will not just buff out!

Should I bother to go through the Tesla body shop? Insurance is covering it so I dont care about the cost. The only wrinkle is if I use the insurance companies approved shop, they will guarantee the repair. If I go to Tesla I an on my own.

Toronto, Ontario

My insurance company has one company that has locations in major cities. It's not the body shop that tesla uses
. Tesla actually gave me the names of two body shops that are approved in Toronto, neither were the same as my insurance companies approved garage.

Don't just blindly go with the insurance company recommendation! They have no idea what is involved in fixing Teslas! TD Insurance recommended I go to the Mazda dealership! I went with Telsa approved Excellence Auto instead. The job was huge! Over $40K in repairs, but it probably came out better than before. The shop itself guarantees the repair.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Definately not being bullied by insurance, the only factor is if I use their shop it is guaranteed. I had a pickup truck that needed the fender fixed. The paint match was so bad it looked like it hadnt even been painted the same colour. It was done at the shop reccommended by my insurance so I just took it back and told them to give it another try.

Im getting an estimate my leons autobody in North York. We'll see how that goes.

Someone dented my tailgate with a shopping cart. Its a pretty good dent abour 2" in diameter and 1/2 inch deep, right at the top of the tailgate in the middle. Will not just buff out!

Should I bother to go through the Tesla body shop? Insurance is covering it so I dont care about the cost. The only wrinkle is if I use the insurance companies approved shop, they will guarantee the repair. If I go to Tesla I an on my own.

Toronto, Ontario
You might as well got to a certified Tesla body shop. Tesla wont sell parts to unauthorized shop.. My brother in law is a manager at a local body shop. They won't touch a Tesla car, they need to be certified first before they can work on the car...

Unfortunately, I had to get some body work done on my Tesla earlier this month :( but I was very happy with the Tesla certified body shop that I used (Leon's Auto Body on Vanley Cres). Great job, nice people, happy customer. One of my fenders needed to be replaced, and Tesla will only sell to their certified body shops. (I was not making an insurance claim, so I can't comment on that part of the process.)

My experience with Tesla body repair had been terrible (In Owings Mills MD). I took the car in last Tuesday, and was just notified today (a week later) that some emergency construction has slowed them down some. Some? It’s been a week and surely they knew that there would be construction when I dropped my car off. I regret ever taking my car to Tesla to have the repairs done. Next time I’ll find another body shop to do the work.