Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone who got the 2-4 week text gotten a VIN/delivery scheduled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. I talked to a sales person at my local delivery center today about that. He said they have only seen 1 white interior at all so far, so it is their hope that they get a lot of those coming in/VINs assigned soon. I then asked him if he thought there would still be a chance for June delivery, he said "Yes".

We'll see.

as per my previous experience of purchasing Tesla- when approaching the end of the quarter, out of state cars gets dispatched first, then rest of CA and then Bay Area last . I think this is the best way for Tesla to meet their quarterly sale and delivery nos. Remember if the vehicle is in transit but not taken possession by the buyer, it does not count as a sale ( so it will not get reported as number of vehicles sold during the quarter)

May 25th: Order placed
May 26th: Got a text about 4-6 weeks and completed all the initial paper work and applied for financing.
May 27th: Got financing response and accepted it.
Around June 4th: VIN (11xxx) showed up in source but I heard nothing from Tesla
June 11th: an advisor reached out and told me the car was en route, I'm in NYC.
June 14th: Received a text to schedule delivery, and to make the payment. First delivery available was on June 27th. Booked appointment and made payment.
June 17th: Advisor emailed me with information around the delivery day and contactless delivery. Email also had the VIN number. It still doesn't show on the website, but at least he sent it. Got insurance today and uploaded the cards.

Now I wait and hope the car I end up with doesn't have any defects!

May 25th: Order placed
May 26th: Got a text about 4-6 weeks and completed all the initial paper work and applied for financing.
May 27th: Got financing response and accepted it.
Around June 4th: VIN (11xxx) showed up in source but I heard nothing from Tesla
June 11th: an advisor reached out and told me the car was en route, I'm in NYC.
June 14th: Received a text to schedule delivery, and to make the payment. First delivery available was on June 27th. Booked appointment and made payment.
June 17th: Advisor emailed me with information around the delivery day and contactless delivery. Email also had the VIN number. It still doesn't show on the website, but at least he sent it. Got insurance today and uploaded the cards.

Now I wait and hope the car I end up with doesn't have any defects!

Forgot to mention the details
AWD LR, gemini wheels, midnight silver, black interior, full FSD, with tow hitch.

Remember that their first priority is their end quarter results and not what you as a customer desire or need. They do not care whether you get your Tesla or not I only care what their figures look like.
I have to agree. Tesla is no different than any other company in America or probably the world. Dollars before customer satisfaction and if you happen to make a customer happy in the process, well that's just gravy.

wow I thought I was the only one really waiting to hear about the delivery and VIN. I cannot get a official quote without the VIN. I have not uploaded any insurance information but I did get the text to make sure I was ready to accept delivery of my Vehicle. When I talked with the delivery person I was told that I had submitted everything that I needed to at this point. I placed my order the first week of March 2020.