Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has overnight topping-off increased since update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly, this is last night and not since the update over the weekend, but this morning I woke up to an iPhone with four "Started charging at..." and "Charging completed at..." notifications.

Weird, since it wasn't any colder in Cleveland (~30F) than it's been the last few weeks. But I hadn't noticed so many topping-off mini charges. I'm wondering why so many mini charges last night?

Anyone else experience this?

Admittedly, this is last night and not since the update over the weekend, but this morning I woke up to an iPhone with four "Started charging at..." and "Charging completed at..." notifications.

Weird, since it wasn't any colder in Cleveland (~30F) than it's been the last few weeks. But I hadn't noticed so many topping-off mini charges. I'm wondering why so many mini charges last night?

Anyone else experience this?

This seems to randomly come and go (started like last spring). I don’t think it’s temperature related. If you Charge in the evening and the car wakes in the middle of the night it likes to top off even if it’s 1 mile (sometimes). I stopped the “a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla” once this behavior started and only plug in when I need to charge and move target lower when done or unplug when done.