Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the white interior on all Model X's always been vegan ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh really ? Wonder if these were replaced under warranty.
I have both, and now Tesla has 2018 ventilated white perforated seats that are also vegan. So there are three iterations of white seats and all of them are vegan. I headed 2018 perforated seats are only available with P100D and it is more durable than 2016 perforated seats.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I have both, and now Tesla has 2018 ventilated white perforated seats that are also vegan. So there are three iterations of white seats and all of them are vegan. I headed 2018 perforated seats are only available with P100D and it is more durable than 2016 perforated seats.

WHen you say the 2018 perforated were more durable than the 16 perforated, do you mean from a tearing standpoint or from a staining, cracking / generally looking old standpoint ?

I’ve seen lots of vids and comments of the new vegan non perforated seats where people are saying that they clean up super easy and how amazing they are etc.

WHen you say the 2018 perforated were more durable than the 16 perforated, do you mean from a tearing standpoint or from a staining, cracking / generally looking old standpoint ?

I’ve seen lots of vids and comments of the new vegan non perforated seats where people are saying that they clean up super easy and how amazing they are etc.
None of the seats crack, the perforations just tear sometimes. They don't have any staining issues.

Maybe the new 2018 perforated seats on the P100D are better.

Durable in terms of perforations not tearing. I think 2016 perforated and non-perforated are both resistant to stains, and easy to clean, but stains might get into perforations if not careful.

Since when was Vinyl not vegan?
Technically, plastic is made from oil, which primarily comes from dead animals (unless they actually use a plant oil). While you could argue that crude oil isn't vegan, you'd probably face an uphill battle convincing most vegans to quit driving or using anything made with non-vegan plastic (especially since even "made from plants" bottles probably have some crude in them, the term vegan isn't regulated, and the category would also include things like IDs and credit/gift cards).

Last edited:
Reactions: seattlite2004
a tad off topic, but are the new 2018 ventilated seats better than my 2016 ventilated seats? my 2016 seats barely blow any air...

Technically, plastic is made from oil, which primarily comes from dead animals (unless they actually use a plant oil). While you could argue that crude oil isn't vegan, you'd probably face an uphill battle convincing most vegans to quit driving or using anything made with non-vegan plastic (especially since even "made from plants" bottles probably have some crude in them, the term vegan isn't regulated, and the category would also include things like IDs and credit/gift cards).
Crude oil is primarily sourced from algae, although [depending on the deposit] it also includes plankton including zooplankton which are "animal" (tiny jellyfish, near-microscopic crustaceans, etc.). Basically it's whatever very tiny stuff in the ocean that died and sunk to the bottom during the era in question, became encased in the mud, and compressed w/heat was converted to a hydrocarbon amalgam of crude oil and gas, and happened to be trapped there by an overlying impermeable sediment layer.

Crude oil is primarily sourced from algae, although [depending on the deposit] it also includes plankton including zooplankton which are "animal" (tiny jellyfish, near-microscopic crustaceans, etc.). Basically it's whatever very tiny stuff in the ocean that died and sunk to the bottom during the era in question, became encased in the mud, and compressed w/heat was converted to a hydrocarbon amalgam of crude oil and gas, and happened to be trapped there by an overlying impermeable sediment layer.
True, I shouldn't have used the word primarily. However, while it usually comes from of algae and plankton, it can come from any dead and buried carbon-based life form.

True, I shouldn't have used the word primarily. However, while it usually comes from of algae and plankton, it can come from any dead and buried carbon-based life form.
That said I find it sort of weird referring to it as "not vegan". The atoms are so removed from initial state and molecular arrangement (a lot of the carbon isn't even the same atom weight, as it's gone through the C14 decay), and morally there is absolutely no way they were purposed for this or killed so no way to "slippery slope" to lead to more deaths. My salad isn't vegan because the lettuce, mushrooms, etc drew some of their nutrients from insect corpses etc that happened to be the soil?

That said I find it sort of weird referring to it as "not vegan". The atoms are so removed from initial state and molecular arrangement (a lot of the carbon isn't even the same atom weight, as it's gone through the C14 decay), and morally there is absolutely no way they were purposed for this or killed so no way to "slippery slope" to lead to more deaths. My salad isn't vegan because the lettuce, mushrooms, etc drew some of their nutrients from insect corpses etc that happened to be the soil?
Darn your sound logic. I want it to be "not vegan" because I think it's ironic. Oh well.