TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has TMC been going down a lot for everyone?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by insaneoctane, Feb 11, 2019.

1. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

#21 thecloud, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    I've been noticing it much more over the past couple of days. It doesn't seem limited to 8am and 8pm. Just now, the site went down around 10am. Twice in the past 24 hours I've hit the Reply button on a post, and it doesn't quote the person's post to which I'm replying. When I refresh the page at that point, it clears to white and the site is unresponsive for the next 15 minutes or so.

Edit: is the site actually going down, or is it just overloaded and refusing connections? Right after I posted this message, I was locked out for the next 2 minutes.

Edit 2: I think that must be it. Same thing again just now. Let's see if I can post this edit...

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

I too have had accessing problems for a good number of weeks. At first I thought I typed too fast and entered the wrong url but that wasn’t the case. Usually the screen is white with nothing. Sometimes it happens when I’m either logged in and reading or even in the middle of posting and waiting for screen to refresh after hitting the Post Reply button. Happens on wifi and cellular. Definitely site related as I’ve had no trouble accessing other sites at that time.

3. danny

danny Administrator

Thanks for everyone's patience on this. We are getting there :)

• Like x 3
  4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I thought it was fixed but it took 45 minutes to get on to TMC web site.

5. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

It crashed in the middle of my post. I may have accidentally started 2 threads. Glad it’s back.

6. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

Thanks Danny.

7. danny

danny Administrator

So there are still issues with this, but they are less frequent. We hope to have a permanent solution soon.

8. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

Morning Danny. It’s probably the shorts hacking our forum. You’re doing a great job, thanks for your efforts.;)

• Like x 1
  9. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

TMC seems to "go down" and be unavailable FAR FAR more than ANY other major website I frequent. Every few days the site seems to go down for swaths of time. Last night 06/06/19 At around 7-7:30 PST the site was down and I tried to access it at various times until I went to bed around 9:30pm and it stayed down.

Is this still being worked on? If not, it should be revisited as its still an issue.