Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway 2 is dead?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got PTO and turned on Tesla powerwall 2 and the gateway, it worked for one day and now seems completely dead.

Called tech support but probably has to wait for weeks before they came. Hope can get some help here.

As of now:

• gateway wifi isn't detectable, no TEG-xxx wifi available. The tech support says the wifi should be always on but can't figure out why.
  • the led light besides the reset button in gateway is off. It was on (or blinking) when it worked fine.
  • powerwall light is off too.
Tried below multiple times:

• press GW reset button for 10+ seconds
  • power cycle
  • toggle PW on/off quickly 3 times, as instructed by tech support
  • tried connect with ethernet cable, but the Ethernet port light are off, like it's completely dead.
Not sure what else I can try, or do above again in a magic order?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, I did a full power cycle, disconnect from the grid in the main panel (the big switch), turn off solar inverters, waited for 5+ mins and turned back on everything. But the issue is the same, no light on powerwall and no wifi from the gateway, neither the led light besides the reset button. Just like it is completely dead. Not sure what else I can try.

Already scheduled an appointment with tier 2 support, but that's 3 weeks later.

I am still willing to try something before that if someone can give suggestions.