Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have 2nd set of wheels/tires near Tesla, can that cause a malfunction with bluetooth TPMS sensors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my tires is reading at 20 PSI, but it's at the correct 42 PSI. Why is it doing this, and is there a way to reset the Tire Sensors so they don't interfere? How far away do my other TPMS need to be for it not to misread?
The car only takes BLE readings when the car is moving, generally. I suppose it can happen right when you're pulling into the garage, but if it's reading 20psi while driving, it has nothing to do with the stored set.

I've got a set of BLE sensor-equipped wheels about 3 feet from my Tesla and it doesn't affect anything. If your car is parked, it's not taking pressure measurements.

Remember, you can park RIGHT next to another Tesla in a parking lot, (Inches away wheel-to-wheel) and it won't grab the sensor data from the other car.

If it's reading 20psi while driving, go into Service Mode and reset the "Learned Tire Values" under the Chassis tab. If that doesn't fix it, you might have a bad sensor. It's happened to a few users on this forum, not completely unheard of.

The car only takes BLE readings when the car is moving, generally. I suppose it can happen right when you're pulling into the garage, but if it's reading 20psi while driving, it has nothing to do with the stored set.

I've got a set of BLE sensor-equipped wheels about 3 feet from my Tesla and it doesn't affect anything. If your car is parked, it's not taking pressure measurements.

Remember, you can park RIGHT next to another Tesla in a parking lot, (Inches away wheel-to-wheel) and it won't grab the sensor data from the other car.

If it's reading 20psi while driving, go into Service Mode and reset the "Learned Tire Values" under the Chassis tab. If that doesn't fix it, you might have a bad sensor. It's happened to a few users on this forum, not completely unheard of.
Hmmm, well I wonder if the TPMS might grab sensor data from a stored wheel if you tell it to relearn (reset) while you are in the garage next to the stored wheels (i.e. when you reset under Tires and Wheels under the Service Menu item- not in Service Mode)? Yeah, it won't read another Tesla's wheels next to you in the parking lot, but you aren't telling it to reset then. I say this because I seem to be having the same problem. I swapped new mounted winter tires but I keep getting TPMS warnings. The warning will clear for a few days, then I get it back again. Maybe I should try the Service Mode relearn fix when I'm away from the garage?