Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any of you guys bought wheels from Tire Rack or DiscountTire? Some of them look amazing..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as to know if any of you guys have bought wheels from Tire Rack or DiscountTire before. As I was browsing there are many wheels that look great and cheap too. Not sure why I see people spending 2K-5K+ on wheels lol

I'm curious as to know if any of you guys have bought wheels from Tire Rack or DiscountTire before. As I was browsing there are many wheels that look great and cheap too. Not sure why I see people spending 2K-5K+ on wheels lol
OP to answer your question - yes I have bought wheels from both sites. No, I did not spend over $2k for the wheel alone. Do I think the price is justified? It depends.

There are a couple things you need to consider when purchasing a set of wheels:
- are the size and fitting a good fit for my vehicle? some wheels cost extra just because it has an extreme offset from an OE wheel.
- is the wheel heavy? different manufacturing techniques will determine how much the wheel weighs. in general, you want as light as a wheel as you can afford. cast vs. machined could be a huge factor in price.
- is the wheel stable/reliable? the manufacturing technique will play an important role in the wheel's ability to perform. a cheaper, machined wheel may not be reliable for something like tracking but may be "good enough" for street-looks.

get what you like. buy the best you can afford.