Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you guys seen this around the perimeter of your center screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Forum Brain Trust-

2013 Tesla Model S85

See attached photo please. The error message is not part of this particular question. It was addressed in a different thread.

Have any of you seen this perimeter of orange form around the edges of your display? A sharp eyed forum-ite noticed it when I displayed a photo of my center screen in a different thread. Honestly I didn't notice it until he mentioned it as it isn't as "orange" as it appears in the photo, but now I see it all the time.

My car was part of that Tesla payout where we got reimbursed in May 2021 for repairs concerning the failure of our center screens to function properly. I don't now if the screen was replaced as part of that repair or if it was just the "innards" that were supposedly hard wired and could be replaced individually. I write this because I am not sure if this is a screen original to the car (2013) or a replacement screen (2020) from that previous systemwide Tesla payout. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this repair can shed some light on the specifics and if screen replacement was part of the repair.

Anyway, any thoughts on this orange perimeter? Hopefully I'm not looking at a screen replacement?

Attachments

• 20211007_175647.jpg
    20211007_175647.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 190