Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you installed A sight-line dashboard instrument cluster display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is this model compatible w/2018 model 3?
Description doesn't say and photo appears to be for newer cars. Regardless, I wouldn't buy unless the vendor verifies it works with your model year and furthermore if they make a mistake and send you the wrong connector or if it is DOA, verify they will send you the proper adapter at no cost and not make you send back the old one at the your cost. Most sellers outside North America make buyers pay for return shipping even if the item is defective or they send you an incompatible part.

Description doesn't say and photo appears to be for newer cars. Regardless, I wouldn't buy unless the vendor verifies it works with your model year and furthermore if they make a mistake and send you the wrong connector or if it is DOA, verify they will send you the proper adapter at no cost and not make you send back the old one at the your cost. Most sellers outside North America make buyers pay for return shipping even if the item is defective or they send you an incompatible part.
I'm wondering why the vendors don't identify the connector type/name?
what are the pre OBD II connectors used on model 3's?

I'm wondering why the vendors don't identify the connector type/name?
what are the pre OBD II connectors used on model 3's?
Chances are that if not specified it is for the newer cars with a 26-pin connector. Your 2018 has a 20-pin connector. Some vendors are good about identifying between the different versions - others are not. This may me due to the fact these Ali sellers don't even know there's a difference in versions. They just blindly resell whatever they can make a buck on.

Chances are that if not specified it is for the newer cars with a 26-pin connector. Your 2018 has a 20-pin connector. Some vendors are good about identifying between the different versions - others are not. This may me due to the fact these Ali sellers don't even know there's a difference in versions. They just blindly resell whatever they can make a buck on.
thanks for the explanation!
I knew there was a difference
and know the vendors don't know
or care what they are selling, it's
just widgets... thanks again!

Reactions: tlr1000
PXL_20230228_075248548.jpg

Reactions: Wishmaster