Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New minI dash display available with front camera and blind spot warning.

Has anyone here installed one yet? If buy from Hansshow use code DAD for 15% off.

Reactions: Chewy13
Couple things I like about this display (vs. the 5.16") is the front camera to assist with parking. Another one is the blind spot alert...I do wish it also alerts sound in addition to the flashing screen.

One thing I don't like: Why in two speed (mph) display for? Could have use the screen estate on the left to display something else...Having 2 speed is a little weird.

BTW, looks like with the discount code it brings the price down to $250 from Hansshow vs around $200 from AliExpress. AliExpress doesn't mention anything about the front camera so I'm not sure if that $50 savings worth it...definitely not if without the camera.

Does Hansshow ships from US distribution or it also coming from China (long wait like AliExpress)?

Couple things I like about this display (vs. the 5.16") is the front camera to assist with parking. Another one is the blind spot alert...I do wish it also alerts sound in addition to the flashing screen.

One thing I don't like: Why in two speed (mph) display for? Could have use the screen estate on the left to display something else...Having 2 speed is a little weird.

BTW, looks like with the discount code it brings the price down to $250 from Hansshow vs around $200 from AliExpress. AliExpress doesn't mention anything about the front camera so I'm not sure if that $50 savings worth it...definitely not if without the camera.

Does Hansshow ships from US distribution or it also coming from China (long wait like AliExpress)?
It does seem weird that the speed is displayed twice in the display. The redundancy is not needed. I would much rather use the real estate to have the car distance graphic. I don't understand why that isnt obvious to have especially since people utilize autopilot and is a key feature. IMO the left bar could go all away and the accel and regen bar can be placed underneath all those icons to make it look as close to stock as possible.

Reactions: FearL0rd
Shortly after ordering about a week or so ago, saw the order status was still pending. Reached out to Hansshow and they said, "Due to recent surge in orders, the product is out of stock." Gave me a $20 refund and I'm patiently waiting for this to be made and shipped.

Reactions: mark02115
Can anyone verify that this is the same product as the one from Hansshow? It does says nothing about a front camera, blind spot indicator, and the pics show the Euro speed limit sign rather than the US version
I see two options if you were to buy it, one with camera and one without. The camera one is $192.80. I would guess it's the same Chinese made item

Couldn't see the one with the camera option. Link ?

I'm interested although one has to wonder how long it will be before they come out with an improved version of this that has CarPlay and AA
Funny you should say this. I ordered the 6.86" display from aliexpress last month (opted to not get the camera so the install was easier). The product advertises OTA updates and I didn't get any instructions on how to get updates so I reached out to the seller to ask how I can get them. They replied "The manufacturer said that promotion does not mean that the upgrade has already been launched. We need to wait for the final testing by the engineering department before notifying the customer of the update. Expected 6.86 inch new product with Carplay in August". The chat in aliexpress says it was translated from Chinese so I'm not clear on if that means the device can be updated to have carplay or if they are launching an entirely new product with carplay. Either way it seems like we'll know that pretty soon if that August timeline is accurate.