Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me? I won this 9” car dash (same as this one basically) but it only came with the Intel harness and I need the amd one. Does anyone have a spare harness I could buy or get off you? Does this harness use 2 single blue / red pin connector from dash?

Can someone help me? I won this 9” car dash (same as this one basically) but it only came with the Intel harness and I need the amd one. Does anyone have a spare harness I could buy or get off you? Does this harness use 2 single blue / red pin connector from dash?
This is the issue I had with hannshow, well one of them. You will have to keep me posted with how you resolve this. Basically hannshow only ships with one harness and if you get the wrong one you are screwed without asking them to send the correct one. Then they act like they don’t understand English. I’m waiting to see which harness they give me because I need the AMD harness. From my understanding the AMD harness goes into the blue plug on the passenger floorwell. Videos I’ve seen show only a red and blue connector coming out of the back of the screen but mine has 4 different plugs coming out of the back of the screen. I’m skeptical even the new harness will work but we will see

I hope they might bring a software update to the F68 to make the internal speaker work. That's the only downside for now...
So to add to the confusion: I have the Hansshow F68 model, which was ordered in late October. The CarPlay audio works in the internal Hansshow speaker by default. I can switch it over to the car, but that requires that I manually toggle it on my iPhone. Each time I get back into the car it automatically moves back to the Hansshow speaker which is how I like it (a separate system for Waze and Siri) and seemingly what you're looking for. Perhaps I'm a bit slow here, but did they release two different F68 models? One with a speaker and one without? Or are there two different software versions out there? Or perhaps could the issue be as simple be an errant iOS setting?

They did release a second F68 model with a new circuit board. But they didn't make this information available anywhere. The first model that works like yours with the internal speaker, is no longer made. The change to the circuit board no longer allows the use of the internal speaker with CarPlay...even though the speaker is still there. Now there is no choice but to connect the Tesla Bluetooth to the F68.

It's not a software issue. Anyone who wants to use the internal speaker should look at similar offerings from other vendors. Or possibly the Hansshow F9....but who knows how that will work by the time you receive one.

Last edited:
They did release a second F68 model with a new circuit board. But they didn't make this information available anywhere. The first model that works like yours with the internal speaker, is no longer made. The change to the circuit board no longer allows the use of the internal speaker with CarPlay...even though the speaker is still there. Now there is no choice but to connect the Tesla Bluetooth to the F68.

It's not a software issue. Anyone who wants to use the internal speaker should look at similar offerings from other vendors. Or possibly the Hansshow F9....but who knows how that will work by the time you receive one.
Once you set everything up is it seamless whenever you enter the vehicle? If I got this I'd be using carplay for most things like spotify or google maps so I'd always want it connected, but with other vehicle bluetooth devices I've used I'd have to reconnect constantly.

I still think it's a software issue. I have the latest model and still has the speaker attached to the board.
I even made it work for a couple of seconds but than the bluetooth connection to the F68 disconnects. The phone only stay connected with the F68 for 3-4 seconds and during that time you do get sound from the internal speaker.

I still think it's a software issue. I have the latest model and still has the speaker attached to the board.
I even made it work for a couple of seconds but than the bluetooth connection to the F68 disconnects. The phone only stay connected with the F68 for 3-4 seconds and during that time you do get sound from the internal speaker.
Yah if you go into the Bluetooth connection on the phone and toggle off CarPlay, while some music playing, it will continue to play on speaker but you lose CarPlay image

The CarThree is fantastic.

First thoughts:

- Built in speaker(s) that sounds better than the F68.
- Angle of the screen matches the Tesla screen so looks more stock
- Pedestal of the screen to the steering wheel mount allows air flow
- Wider/bigger display offers easier reach around on the left side of the steering wheel for CarPlay side icons and plenty of room for split screen if you don’t want full screen CarPlay
- Instantly connected to my phones hotspot and downloaded an update
- Can superimpose a tiny speedometer on top of Carplay
- Superimposes a car on top of CarPlay when door open etc.
- Selectable car color theme
- Automatically connects to CarPlay for 100% Waze use with built-in speaker
- Just a single thin cable wire to run from the screen to the harness by the passenger footwell

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    967.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1222.jpeg
    IMG_1222.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 44
More thoughts after a day and night use:

- Screen is not too bright like the F68 was…doesn’t have that glow…matches Tesla screen well

- More subtle, but something that bothered me about previous one I had and you don’t see mentioned about these…is that the reflection in the windshield at night is almost imperceptible. Probably improved due to angle of the display and the fact that it is not as bright…anyway, the annoying distraction is gone

More thoughts after a day and night use:

- Screen is not too bright like the F68 was…doesn’t have that glow…matches Tesla screen well

- More subtle, but something that bothered me about previous one I had and you don’t see mentioned about these…is that the reflection in the windshield at night is almost imperceptible. Probably improved due to angle of the display and the fact that it is not as bright…anyway, the annoying distraction is gone

Link to the one you bought?

I started a separate post for this CarThree unit in the Model 3 section.

As info, I believe the F68 was interfering with the new Tesla blind spot warning update since I was not seeing the red warning in the sideview camera image. With the F68 removed, it is now working normally. This was in a Model 3 2018 with upgraded side cameras.

I started a separate post for this CarThree unit in the Model 3 section.

As info, I believe the F68 was interfering with the new Tesla blind spot warning update since I was not seeing the red warning in the sideview camera image. With the F68 removed, it is now working normally. This was in a Model 3 2018 with upgraded side cameras.

Looks like Hansshow has a post regarding that. but based on seeing 2 thumbs down, may not work.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 10.01.42 PM.png

The CarThree is fantastic.

First thoughts:

- Built in speaker(s) that sounds better than the F68.
- Angle of the screen matches the Tesla screen so looks more stock
- Pedestal of the screen to the steering wheel mount allows air flow
- Wider/bigger display offers easier reach around on the left side of the steering wheel for CarPlay side icons and plenty of room for split screen if you don’t want full screen CarPlay
- Instantly connected to my phones hotspot and downloaded an update
- Can superimpose a tiny speedometer on top of Carplay
- Superimposes a car on top of CarPlay when door open etc.
- Selectable car color theme
- Automatically connects to CarPlay for 100% Waze use with built-in speaker
- Just a single thin cable wire to run from the screen to the harness by the passenger footwell

Those are some BIIIIIG bezels :)