Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started a separate post for this CarThree unit in the Model 3 section.

As info, I believe the F68 was interfering with the new Tesla blind spot warning update since I was not seeing the red warning in the sideview camera image. With the F68 removed, it is now working normally. This was in a Model 3 2018 with upgraded side cameras.
I just installed the F68 in my M3P 2018. It was definitely a pain to get the connector unplugged/plugged underneath the glovebox. Actually my son was the one that was able to push on the tab and pull the connector out. Such a pain. After that fiasco plugged in the display and it powered up. The wiring harness has some additional small connectors I didn't need (I think).

I am facing a problem with the front camera, getting 'No Signal', black screen. I tried disconnecting, reconnecting the wires on both ends but no luck. Any advice?

I am still going through the screens, menus, settings but other than the front camera everything seems to be working. Will report back if I find anything

Hello, all. I just installed my F68 which I ordered in October. This one preferentially uses the internal speaker, which is NOT what I want, unlike some of the other readers here. I want all audio routed through the car speakers. I have reached out to Hansshow by What's app and email and have no reply as of 5 days now. If I can get them to swap out my display, will I be able to route ALL audio through the Tesla speakers? Does anyone have any tips how to do this with my current model? I did have this working on the 9" I removed due to airflow blockage. I have calls and music through the Tesla, but Apple Maps turn by turn prompts and a few other things like Text message read back are though the tiny built in speaker, and I can't hear it well enough (I am a bit hard of hearing). Thanks for any advice here.

Last edited:
Does it show if you select the camera in the settings (swipe from the right I believe).

Only other thing I recall was making sure it was plugged in really tightly as it didn't work first for me either.
Yes the menu on right the camera icon is there. I select it and its a black screen with No Signal at top. I'll try again and ensure connection is solid. thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9902.JPG
    IMG_9902.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9901.JPG
    IMG_9901.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 49
Hello, all. I just installed my F68 which I ordered in October. This one preferentially uses the internal speaker, which is NOT what I want, unlike some of the other readers here. I want all audio routed through the car speakers. I have reached out to Hansshow by What's app and email and have no reply as of 5 days now. If I can get them to swap out my display, will I be able to route ALL audio through the Tesla speakers? Does anyone have any tips how to do this with my current model? I did have this working on the 9" I removed due to airflow blockage. I have calls and music through the Tesla, but Apple Maps turn by turn prompts and a few other things like Text message read back are though the tiny built in speaker, and I can't hear it well enough (I am a bit hard of hearing). Thanks for any advice here.
I believe that is why they changed the circuit board on the "newer" one so all audio will be routed to the Tesla.

Amazing that we are ordering these and don't know what version we'll get...and they make no mention of it anywhere.

I swear when I read the description when purchasing this device it supported OTA updates. I do not see it anymore on the product description on their site. And the side-by-side comparision shows none of the displays support OTA. I'm thinking this is the last product I'll purchase from @Hansshow. #byefelicia

I just got an F68 purchased in December installed. I have a bit of a different problem. I want all audio (and microphone) routed through the tesla (similar to @Billybrew), so I've connected phone to F68 and F68 to Tesla. Everything works fine in Android Auto EXCEPT phone calls. Those are being routed through the internal speaker/mic and neither side of the call can hear the other well.

I got my bluetooth audio routing through to the Tesla on my F68 by reconnecting all of the bluetooth connections. I was trying everything out on the drive home from work recently and the audio quality was bad for people on the other end of the call. They said they could barely understand me (audio running through to the Tesla bluetooth and not through the internal speaker). I've also experienced "crackling" when playing podcasts. A pause/unpause of the podcast seems to clear that up though. Has anyone else had quality issues with phone calls on the F68? Wondering if there is a software update for the F68 to help with some of the audio issues. I may try to reach out to Hansshow to see if they can provide any support. (not hopeful, I know)

I just got an F68 purchased in December installed. I have a bit of a different problem. I want all audio (and microphone) routed through the tesla (similar to @Billybrew), so I've connected phone to F68 and F68 to Tesla. Everything works fine in Android Auto EXCEPT phone calls. Those are being routed through the internal speaker/mic and neither side of the call can hear the other well.
Two tips: 1. I finally got a reply from hansshow and they sent me an update file that seems to route everything through the car. 2. If calls still are not, change a setting on iphone: accessibility>touch>call audio routing>use bluetooth headset. Try that, worked for me. I finally seem to have all audio and mic through the car. Good luck.

Hello,
Has anyone also noticed that when you are using android auto in normal mode (not full screen), you cannot use touchscreen with certain apps such as Google maps or waze... This is impossible to select the "search" icon for instance! When in full screen mode, everything works like a charm. Thanks for you help.

Hi folks. Resurrecting this thread a bit. I recently got the F68 installed and although the internal speaker doesn't work I have to say everything else so far has been pretty nice except for today. I guess the Carplay connection glitched and it simply showed me the on-screen message about turning on Bluetooth to connect and use Carplay. I tried toggling my phone's BT on and off but that didn't work. I rebooted my phone next and still no carplay. The F68 Bluetooth on my phone showed Connected but the display still didn't recognize it was connected. I figured I needed to restart the device and rebooted my Tesla screen thinking since the device was plugged into it that maybe it would restart the f68 as well but that didn't happen. While my Tesla screen was taking forever to reboot the F68 kept working fine (Except the carplay).

Does anyone know of a way to restart the device when it glitches like that? I noticed on the right side next to the USB there looks to be one of those tiny pin holes that's used a paperclip. I didn't have one in the car but curious if anyone can confirm a paperclip can be used to reboot the device.

Thanks!

Did you try toggling CarPlay on/off or forget this car in your iPhone general CarPlay settings? I didn’t have that unit long but did have to do this a few times.
Yeah, if you mean from the Menu on the F68 where you swipe left from the right edge of the display? I would toggle between the mini Tesla Screen and Carplay. The carplay screen was just stuck on the message it usually displays when you don't have Bluetooth connected. However, in this particular case, my Phone did show the Device was currently connected. So yeah I figured the device glitched and needs a restart but no convenient way that I know of to do that while in the car.

I also did the Forget this Device as well and it was able to reconnect with no problem but the Carplay never opened. Just the same message. "Connect Bluetooth to use Carplay" on the F68 screen.