Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you met the 'i hate all things ev' guy yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no problem whatsoever with skepticism - there's a huge lack of skepticism on both sides of the global warming issue. (Not that there is a huge argument going on among scientists - the onus is now on the "anti" crowd to make their case - with facts, not spin.)

In any case, with strangers I don't even bother with the global warming argument. There are so many other important reasons for driving an EV.

Wait until they remove the subsidies from Gasoline, and we start paying $8 per gallon!

Come to Germany, we already do!

That will make people think twice about the value of EV's!

Uhmm, no. At least not here. People have simply gotten used to prices like more than 8 Dollars per gallon (1,60 Euro per litre premium unleaded at the moment). On the whole they don't drive less than when it was "cheap". (When was that?)

People who haven't owned EVs don't seem to absorb the idea of charging while you eat/sleep/play; with ICE vehicles, fueling is a distinct activity, and so they (mistakenly) think charging is the same.
It's a mental adjustment to be sure.

Let's take another example:
Imagine every time you went to sleep you had to go to a hotel to do so. Now someone tries to sell you a bed -- to personally own. You might have a hard time grasping why you would spend money to buy such a thing.