Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Havent Received New update yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been seeing other people with the Tesla model 3 getting the new update that includes sentry mode. Is it supposed to take this long or are there any methods to make updates come faster. This is the first update that I havent received within a week of release.

I haven't seen an update for my M3 since v9.0. I know that there is at least one prior to the 2019 (with fireplace and new Atari game) that I have to get before I can getting 2019.5.x.
Your car doesn't necessarily get every version. Your car could jump straight to 2019.5.x. My S 90D skipped many releases over the two years that I owned it.

Reactions: MentalNomad
It's a slow rollout, making sure there are no glaring issues. Once in a while, they seem to find a milestone build that they blast out to everyone as quick as possible, like 2018.50.6. I get it though, it's like Christmas when you get an update. :)

Just attach to a Wifi as much as you can. It's the only thing you can really do other than complain to Tesla support.

It's a slow rollout, making sure there are no glaring issues. Once in a while, they seem to find a milestone build that they blast out to everyone as quick as possible, like 2018.50.6. I get it though, it's like Christmas when you get an update. :)

Just attach to a Wifi as much as you can. It's the only thing you can really do other than complain to Tesla support.
Funny... My car is still running on version 2018.44.2

Vast majority of Model 3 still have 50.6.
I'm guessing we are probably done with 5.x releases now.
Next release is much more likely to be 6 or 7 as that reflects the week number of the code release.

I would think it would be a week 8 or 9 at this point. I guess it depends on what is considered the "release" and how long they test it before it actually goes public.

Ive been seeing other people with the Tesla model 3 getting the new update that includes sentry mode. Is it supposed to take this long or are there any methods to make updates come faster. This is the first update that I havent received within a week of release.

Schedule an appointment through your mobile app and mention this. I had this issue with my car that had not updated since last August. My local SC gave me an appointment one month out yet when one of their technicians was free, they remotely went in to diagnose the issue and found that the SD card was corrupted with an incomplete download via wifi. They formatted the SD and pushed 2018.50.6 (Fart Mode - Oh yeah).

Reactions: MorrisonHiker