Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Hawaii HW 3.0 (FSD) upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in Hawaii get the FSD computer upgrade yet? Most of the early upgrades seem to be in CA, but I’ve seen at least one reported in another state (NV). I have a fairly low M3 VIN, so wondering if they’re going to contact us when it’s our turn, or if we need to proactively schedule ourselves? Probably the former, but experience on the mainland seems to favor the latter right now.

(whispering) shhhh, when these type of retrofits or upgrades come - in general - from anyone - you don't want to be near the front or first. Let them work the bugs out and make sure stuff meshes properly. You are welcome to get in line ahead of me.

• Helpful
Reactions: fseir
Great upgrade, it was so easy to do. The car is now pushing very hard, I can feel the front tires slipping just a bit at the start on my 19” wheels, it looks like a lot of torque has been added to the front motor, also the push when already running is amazing now. Compared to all my previous upgrades on Porsche or BMW, it is a bargain!
Thanks Elon, exactly what I was looking for.

(whispering) shhhh, when these type of retrofits or upgrades come - in general - from anyone - you don't want to be near the front or first. Let them work the bugs out and make sure stuff meshes properly. You are welcome to get in line ahead of me.
Undoubtedly good advice. The early adopter in me, however, never learns his lesson. :rolleyes:

I booked an appointment for January 20, just to see what happens. So far, they haven’t called to cancel...

Got a voicemail from the SC today. Thought for sure they were going to tell me they were cancelling my appointment, but to my surprise, they said they were calling to confirm that they have my computer and are ready to go! I’ll take this one for the team. Trash cans and traffic cones, here I come! :p

Dropped off car at the SC today. Turns out it’s going to take over a day, since they had some scheduled jobs that will take longer than they originally planned. So I won’t get my car back until tomorrow at the earliest. They were also out of Tesla loaners, so I ended up with a dodge minivan from enterprise, lol.