Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall, delivery went well. I was very thankful to be able to take delivery on my island instead of flying to Oahu (I ordered 2 days before the policy change and Tesla upheld that despite initially trying to make me go to Oahu.) The only real problem was some paint damage on the trunk near the rear emblem that cannot be fixed without wet sanding/buffing which would require the addition of more clearcoat. Tesla sent a 3rd party detail guy out to my home today to try and polish it out but it wouldn't budge. It is about a 12in section of etched in drips, likely from the metal shipping containers dripping on it during ocean travel. I suppose the responsible part would be Young Brothers but I don't know the specifics of liability and it is just more trouble than it is worth to fix at this point. I am disappointed but at least now it is "broken in" and I don't have to dread the first scratch/blemish of my favorite car.

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to have on island delivery. Am curious how the new process of picking up in Oahu is going for new owners. As for damage, make Tesla fix it. You shouldn't have to accept a damaged car!

Reactions: JenniferH
Just got my license plate for my Y via Fedex. Looks like Tesla changed the process a bit, because the fedex package was addressed from the Ala Moana store, although the tracking results reveal that it was dropped off at a fedex location in Honolulu. Arrived in 1 day after pickup by Fedex, but it's been almost 5 weeks since I took delivery of the Y.

I updated the Google Doc sheet. Got an "N" EV plate.

Cool. I suspect you already looked, but we have only a couple of N plates.

We've not added many to the count in the last few months. But is so common now to see at least two or three (that we have seen before) even when running errands only a few miles from the house.

Saw the wrapped tangerine MY in the parking lot of H.D. Pearl City. It was very nice!

Attachments

• PXL_20201014_005845003.jpg
    PXL_20201014_005845003.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 75