Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there,
I'm a 5 year MS owner but new to this forum. I just moved to Oahu last week and I'm saddened by the lack of charging stations relative to the number of EVs (Teslas and nonTeslas) on the road.

My car came in on Thur after being shipped from the mainland and low on charge so I went to the Koko Marina center to charge only to find out that the security guards pick and choose when to turn on the power depending on who they think is charging and if they feel those people are there "too much" (per my discussion with one of the guards today).

Do you guys have any thoughts on the number of charging stations available to those of us who need it? (It might be a little while before i move into a home and get a home charger installed). Is it possible to encourage, petition, or pressure the malls to get more stations?

Again, new here and this might have been discussed previously but feel like maybe we could cohesively do something to encourage more charging stations.

Thoughts?

I'm looking to rent a Black Model X for 1 day (April 13th, 2021) - anyone out there who could help a girl out?

Its for my friends bday. He lives in Honolulu as well. I'll pay $200 for the day. I've looked at Turo and 2 other rental companies, but no black x's available to rent.

Thank you to all and everyone.

Mahalo.

Miri

After nearly three years since the first Model S arrived in Hawaii, a lot of us have tried to guess how many Teslas are in here in Hawaii. Since the SC has not been very forthcoming on the actual numbers (probably because they're not allowed to say), I am proposing that we pool our efforts to try to see how many Teslas are out there.

[moderator note]
While we formerly tracked and recorded vehicles in a table in post #2 below, we have since migrated to a GoogleDoc which can be edited/updated by all members here:

Hawaii Tesla Log
After nearly three years since the first Model S arrived in Hawaii, a lot of us have tried to guess how many Teslas are in here in Hawaii. Since the SC has not been very forthcoming on the actual numbers (probably because they're not allowed to say), I am proposing that we pool our efforts to try to see how many Teslas are out there.

[moderator note]
While we formerly tracked and recorded vehicles in a table in post #2 below, we have since migrated to a GoogleDoc which can be edited/updated by all members here:

Hawaii Tesla Log

I'm looking to rent a Black Model X for 1 day (April 13th, 2021) - anyone out there who could help a girl out?

Its for my friends bday. He lives in Honolulu as well. I'll pay $200 for the day. I've looked at Turo and 2 other rental companies, but no black x's available to rent.

Thank you to all and everyone.

Mahalo.

Miri

Yes. we can help. You asked in the right place.

Weedrivetesla.com

808 927-4593

Members and friends of our club.

Well, I was off-island for about 6 weeks during the Christmas Holiday season, and in just over 2 weeks of being back home on Maui, I've spotted at least 15 new plates! I updated the spreadsheet with 20, because I spotted a few in the days before I left back in December. We are now just a smidge short of 400 counted for Maui! And, I spotted my first Maui Roadster! :) That is, other than the signature Roadster that our friend used to own here.

Are we counting temporary plates? cuz if so, I saw one this afternoon.

It was sitting in my driveway, a 2021 Model Y, in Wahiawa, shedding raindrops during the afternoon deluge.

When I peered inside, it had 56 miles on it.

Should we count it?
Its nice to see another but no, we don't count them in our sheet. How would we know if we counted it twice when it shows up with a real tag? We don't, so we skip it until we see its got its permanent number.