Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HD FM Radio Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Philadelphia area. KYW Newsradio is 1060 on AM and 94.1 HD2. Obviously no AM radio in the car. Up until a few months ago it worked flawlessly. Now, it connect for a few minutes, then plays static and freezes all radio stations. Have to exit to Spotify or phone to access a new radio station.
Does anyone have any similar issues or fix for this? Very frustrating especially during what’s going on right now.

Correct. No AM antenna. In the Tri-State area, 102.7 FM and 1010 WINS AM are affiliates. So easy to listen to 1010 traffic reports via 102.7 FM HD channel.

You can easily access AM Radio through the HD channels of FM. Most, if not all, AM stations have an FM affiliate. When you click on the FM station, click through their HD stations until you find their AM affiliate. Then add it as a Favorite.

there are tons of issues with the radio that they seem uninterested in fixing. mine is going in for service at some point once the quarantine is over, been having the same issues (including this one) since i bought the car in july 2018.

the radio just doesn't work very well. period.