Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Head light bulb replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I am going to try a few things here...
I 3D scanned the little plastic part, I will see if a 3D print of this piece is workable...
I also made a mold out of it... Then I can cast it in plastic... The little pink puck is the rubber mold..., I can then dye the color of the plastic when I make the casting... Here is a picture of the wig oven,,,, It worked great to heat up the headlight cause the inside is all wood and I didnt have to worry about any hot metal parts melting anything,,, When I cast this piece I will post more pics......
I like your shop. :) Do you think you have enough 3D printers?

We do a lot of prototyping at my place,,, here are a few more toys....,

I like your shop. :) Do you think you have enough 3D printers?

Attachments

• F7AB37F1-0343-4A93-B7C4-E4EBB7BBECBB.jpeg
    F7AB37F1-0343-4A93-B7C4-E4EBB7BBECBB.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 119
  • 7FCC811C-56D3-4847-ACE9-7A0CA9EB7BD7.jpeg
    7FCC811C-56D3-4847-ACE9-7A0CA9EB7BD7.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 99
Yes, its a 4'x8" vacuum forming machine,, We can make quite a few cool things.... Here is a piece we built ,,, Its 1/8" plastic... Here is the molded light cover... jason.tv is sending a new cap and I will mold that one so I will make a bunch for us all to have in the future with the proper clips.....

It looks like a vacuum press, I was never allowed in the room that held ours, but I used to peak through the windows. It’s not a mill, or a lathe so I only guess at these things

Attachments

• new cap mold.jpg
    new cap mold.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 80
  • WHEELCHAIR1.jpeg
    WHEELCHAIR1.jpeg
    613.4 KB · Views: 81
Yes, its a 4'x8" vacuum forming machine,, We can make quite a few cool things.... Here is a piece we built ,,, Its 1/8" plastic... Here is the molded light cover... jason.tv is sending a new cap and I will mold that one so I will make a bunch for us all to have in the future with the proper clips.....
thanks for building this for us! i'll like to purchase a couple whenever it becomes available.

Ok,,, headlight is all back together!... got Jasons cap, made a mold, made a casting,,,, Got the morimoto product, put it together , put inside the wig oven for 10 minutes at 165 degrees.... pulled it out, squeezed together, made the clips, put some spring clamps on for safe keeping,,, so far, so good... Now to put it back in the car , and maybe even a ride today cause the sun is actually out in NJ!... woo hoo...

Attachments

• gasket.jpg
    gasket.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 86
  • lens on2.jpg
    lens on2.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 84
  • mold4.JPEG
    mold4.JPEG
    312.4 KB · Views: 87
  • wig oven2.jpg
    wig oven2.jpg