Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my ‘14 MS, I have always noticed that when I set my automatic headlights to “Off”, it will revert spontaneously back to the “Auto” setting as soon as I park and step out of the car.

I used to think that this was just an annoying “smart” feature of the car, but on the loaners that I have driven, the setting stays fixed even after I park and get out of the car.

I know most people like to leave their lights on auto, but I prefer to manually turn mine on/off because I have the older HIDs that has a shorter lifespan than LEDs. Everytime I pull out of the garage, the lights come on even in the middle of the day and shut off 15 seconds later which supposedly is not healthy for the bulbs.

Any owners with pre-facelift MS’s have a similar issue? I had asked my local SC before, and they told me that all the MS headlight settings always return to “auto” upon starting up the car, and that I was hallucinating when I was checking this on the loaners.

haha. maybe you were hallucinating. I don't know what drugs you do lol... That setting as far as I know reverts every time and is not saved in the user profile. That's how mine is. I have a 2013. But the newer cars might save the setting, I don't know. I always manually turn them off every time... same with traction control, if you turn it off, it reverts every time.