Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights flashing at night setting of sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I have a 2023 Model y long range that I purchased a little over a month ago. Anyhow I have noticed the past couple of weeks that when I get in to go during the day I will have 100 plus events and each one is a headlight flashing. I have read that this could be because of something close by or even a car being picked up from the street however after watching every single one I do believe that once or twice there may have been a car going past. However this happens every 10 minutes to every 10 minutes. Please help

Your own car's headlights are not causing the sentry events. They are the result of a sentry event. You gotta look elsewhere for the cause of the sentry events.
It shows the lights flashing in the sentry event it’s all dark and you can clearly see them flash or flicker but it light up my husbands jeep in total darkness there is nothing moving in any of the recording no cat dog skunk or person. Nothing moves no wind no bats nothing 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
The car is not randomly flashing its lights to set off its own sentry mode.

Something is triggering the sentry mode which is then causing the lights to flash.

If it’s really pitch black then the cameras are probably confusing noise/artifact for movement. Or maybe there’s a black cat in the neighborhood running around and you can’t really see it in video.

In any case, just turn off sentry mode while at home.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0