Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headliner To Be Replaced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like others, my early MS had a number of issues with the pano roof leaking. About six months ago they finally resolved all of the leaking issues but I discovered that my headliner was stained from the leaking. Tesla agreed to replace it under warranty but it has been back ordered for some time.

I finally have an appointment next week to get it replaced but the service rep mentioned that he thinks they need to remove the front windshield to get it out and in. This makes me nervous and I wonder whether I'll next have issues with the windshield.

Has anyone else had their headliner replaced? Can you provide any details about the process or provide some confidence that it went well for you?

My 2013 P85 was supposed to have the alcatara headliner but was shipped with the other type headliner. Tesla replaced the headliner, which also required that the windshield be replaced. No problems with the installation or leaks.