Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headroom Solid vs. Pano?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I test drove the Model S I noticed that while the headroom was OK I could tell I was almost brushing the pano roof with the top of my head. I understand that a solid roof will reduce headroom somewhat. Can anyone confirm if this reduction is significant or not?

Trying to play around in my head whether the money for a pano roof on my Model 3 would mean an uncomfortable sitting position.

Thanks,

Dan

Without the pano roof the headroom is the same as on the side where the glass stops.
I believe the only big difference is in the back.

Found this on another forum:
"The increased pano roof headroom applies to the rear seat where there is about two full inches more in sitting position."

Best advice is to personally sit in cars with and without pano, front and rear seats both, before making up your mind.

Reactions: Dan Detweiler
When I test drove the Model S I noticed that while the headroom was OK I could tell I was almost brushing the pano roof with the top of my head. I understand that a solid roof will reduce headroom somewhat. Can anyone confirm if this reduction is significant or not?

Trying to play around in my head whether the money for a pano roof on my Model 3 would mean an uncomfortable sitting position.

Thanks,

Dan

I don't think anyone knows what impact it will have on a model 3 yet.

If we went back to the way of older pickup trucks and a solid roof was just that - a single sheet of steel - then the solid roof would have more room.

These days folks seem to expect a soft headliner and foam insulation, and that eats up space - probably an inch or so that isn't in the panoramic cars, but that's very much a guess.