TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Health Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dayhu99, Apr 3, 2018.

1. dayhu99

dayhu99 Member

My brother in law has just had a defibrillator implanted The hospital and doctor seem to think there may be an issue in being driven in an electric car ( I have a volt and model x) They have very little info however and I cant seem to find anything more They just said stay away from superchargers when charging

Does anyone on the list have more info
    Thanks

2. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I would recommend you reach out to corporate and ask them these questions.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

4. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

I agree with LBK. If there is anyone who would know with certainty of any cases it would be Tesla.

5. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I think the greatest risk is hitting the accelerator too hard and causing a heart attack. The EMF is not an issue.

• Funny x 2
  6. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

One wonders if there is such a thing as a human-sized Faraday cage for such scenarios. Clearly, there are fields afoot while charging and during everyday operation.

I hope the OP reports back with any sort of Tesla-provided communication.

7. Graffi

Graffi Member

A Smart Phone poses a much greater risk to your brother, and everyone else. JMHO

8. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

The defibrillator manufacturer will be able to tell you. Send me a message if you’re unsure how to go about it. They’ll know what level of immunity has been verified.

9. SUN-day Driver

Back in 2012 or so I remember seeing an early Model S user manual that showed high EMR areas of the car and it said pacemakers should be kep at least 6 inches away. The areas included the left and right corners of the dash, the center cup holder area, and the back seat directly above the motor. I made note of this since my father has a pacemaker. When the next version of the manual was released, it no longer contained this information.

• Informative x 1