Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat pump model 3 energy consumption at highest or lowest temp vs mid temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gottagofast

2022 Model 3 Performance
Jan 28, 2024
USA
Is there a huge difference in energy consumption or just a little difference if you set the car to 85 degrees instead of say 73 degrees

Or a big difference between 60 degrees vs 73 degrees when cooling?

I’ve been setting car to 73 when it’s hot outside but it really doesn’t feel like 73 inside it feels more like 80, I think I would need to set it to 60 to feel like 70

This time of year the car is often influenced by solar heating. We just got into the car after lunch and the car was nice an warm, but yet the AC turned on and was blowing out cold air.

You can always look at the energy graph to see how much impact the A/C has had on the range.

But who cares? I just want to be comfortable.

But yes, the longer that the compressor has to be on to adject the temperature, the more it would use.

The difference between 60 and 73 degrees isn't relevant. It's the difference between the outside and inside that makes the difference.

This time of year the car is often influenced by solar heating. We just got into the car after lunch and the car was nice an warm, but yet the AC turned on and was blowing out cold air.

You can always look at the energy graph to see how much impact the A/C has had on the range.

But who cares? I just want to be comfortable.

But yes, the longer that the compressor has to be on to adject the temperature, the more it would use.

The difference between 60 and 73 degrees isn't relevant. It's the difference between the outside and inside that makes the difference.
That makes sense, my 1 hr commute if I leave the air on for 45 - 50 mins it usually says it used 3 to 4 miles of range in that 1 hr span

If had it set to 60 and it was 90 outside what do you think the ballpark range loss would be, just a wild guess thrown out from your experience