Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Pump VIBRATION

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ex m3 driver here, and new MY. Now that it is cold, the heat pump (i assume) kicked in while driving and defroster was on high. I must say, the HEAVY and LOUD vibration is impressive. Comes right through the steering wheel. No warnings come up on screen.. but it really doesn't sound right. It is like 12hp outboard motor loud. Anybody else have this reaction?

ex m3 driver here, and new MY. Now that it is cold, the heat pump (i assume) kicked in while driving and defroster was on high. I must say, the HEAVY and LOUD vibration is impressive. Comes right through the steering wheel. No warnings come up on screen.. but it really doesn't sound right. It is like 12hp outboard motor loud. Anybody else have this reaction?
Heat pump definitely louder than resistive heater though shouldn’t be this loud, and more importantly, this level of vibration. Report it as it might be an unbalanced fan. Might be worth checking intake vents as well in case airflow is blocked.

Yeah right.. :rolleyes:

From 6 months ago when MY was released without the shroud:

You can totally see and hear the "HEAVY and LOUD vibration" (at least like a 12hp outboard motor).
/s

Reactions: Koolio46