Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated seat control through app. AP2.5 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing screenshots of being able to turn on the heated seats and the defrosters, but my climate section only has the interior temperature.

Are the more fine-grained controls part of the 2.5 hardware, or should I complain to the service center that my app and car aren't communicating properly?

I keep seeing screenshots of being able to turn on the heated seats and the defrosters, but my climate section only has the interior temperature.

Are the more fine-grained controls part of the 2.5 hardware, or should I complain to the service center that my app and car aren't communicating properly?
Both the car and the app have to be up-to-date. What version firmware do you have? What version of the app do you have?

I have an AP1 car, I can control the seat and steering wheel heaters. I think you are mistaken about controlling the defrosters, though. I do have the winter package.

I have an AP1 car, I can control the seat and steering wheel heaters. I think you are mistaken about controlling the defrosters, though. I do have the winter package.
Good point. You can't control them directly, but it does indicate that the front and rear defrosters are on or off. The defrosters will turn on automatically but once they shut off (after 15 minutes or so), you can't turn them back on unless you do it from inside the car.

Reactions: jgs

As mentioned above, the seat controls work on AP1 cars, so it's not that.

The seat controls don't appear until you turn the climate control on, though.

Ah ha! Yes, that was it, I needed to turn on the climate control. Seems silly, but sure, I'll take it.

On another thread, I was seeing folks say that their defrosters were showing up in the latest software and app update. That's what made me check again.

Thanks for humoring this user in error (or poor app design). :)

Reactions: Saghost
Ah ha! Yes, that was it, I needed to turn on the climate control. Seems silly, but sure, I'll take it.

On another thread, I was seeing folks say that their defrosters were showing up in the latest software and app update. That's what made me check again.

Thanks for humoring this user in error (or poor app design). :)

My defroster isn’t controllable, the car automatically turns it on or not when pre-heating the vehicle.

I brought this up on another post but so far no replies. I can turn on my steering wheel heater from the remote app as well as the climate heat but the seat heaters don’t turn on even though the icon says they’re on. Climate is warm and steering wheel is warm when I first enter the car Seats are cold and only start warming up a few minutes later. I have latest phone and car firmware. Any ideas?

Thanks for replying. I have version 2018.49.20. Have not been offered to download a new version yet. Do I just wait until notified of the availability of a newer version or can I request an update some how?

Thanks again

If it's somehow urgent or you think the car is stuck on an old version (49.20 isn't *that* old,) you can call Tesla service, but for obvious reasons they don't want this for everyone who just wants new toys.

Otherwise, you wait. Cars that are on WiFi get updates before cars that aren't.

Elon has talked about giving us a request update button on the app or center screen at some point, but there's no sign of that happening so far.