Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Seat on Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For months now I have noticed that even though my climate has not been set to auto (due to battery drain), the Heated seat seemed to remain so.

For example, climate manually set to 17 and blower at 1 and if for example, I increase the temperature to 19, the heated seat came on for a short period of time, as felt on my backside but also as indicated by the red lines on the icon and I could toggle the auto function independent of the Climate auto function.

However, recently, this behavior has stopped (maybe with a recent software update?) and the auto feature of the heated seat is now dependant of the climate being on auto.

Has anyone else noticed this or cared to?

When you put the air-con on "auto" Tesla thinks you want the seats on auto too.

I hate it.

In the extreme heat, (35c) I set the temp to 20c, when the car cooled down, as I got in the car my profile kicked in for 21c... Tesla then handily turned on my seat heaters.

I wish it understood ambiemt temp, both for the seats (stupid) and air-con (efficiency).

I think this is new. I don't ever remember the seat heat coming on unless I clicked it or had it on auto. Now, it has come on twice on its own when it may be slightly chilly outside an doing a little heater. Extremely annoying.

It was active for me through a few updates but is no longer the case.

For clarity, when the climate is NOT in AUTO, the seats remained in AUTO and adjusted the heating setting by themselves. So for example, I could increase the climate temperature and the heating stages of the seat would also increase, with the reverse also being true.

The AUTO mode of the seats seemed to be partially independant of the AUTO climate mode.

This is no longer the case, I'm currently on 2022.8.2

My app is at 4.15.1. Over the past few years I have been happy to use the app to pre-heat my Model 3 and the seats. I am, however, struggling to understand the litte “Heat/Auto” sub-menu that now comes up when trying to set a seat heater on. As far as I know, there is no manual for the app interface anywhere, so I am hoping that someone here can explain what clicking on “Heat” or “Auto” does (assuming you can hit the right tiddly button).

I had the chance to capture this in action a few days ago, so for clarity once again. Previously I had noticed that the heated seats could operate in auto independent of the climate being set in auto. The seemed to change after a few updates but a recent update seems to have it working again 2022.44.something.

1671371254753.png

Naturally, you can turn the seats from auto and adjust manually, I am just saying as I did in my original post, that you can also have the seats set in auto while the climate is not, which is quite a good thing I think.