Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Steering wheel Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im in NJ, and was thinking of doing this mod. Where did you source your parts, and what exactly did you get? I was just going to try and tackle this in my garage and hope that a mobile service tech would enable the heated steering wheel during a mobile visit.

Perhaps I can help you or I've looked into this extensively and I know how to do it.
You're going to need the heated steering wheel you're going to need the new updated clock spring with shift levers turn signal etc you're going to have to do some tricky wiring nothing terrible.
But here is the fly in the sauce...Tesla or someone who can hack into your system is going to need to change the configuration of your vehicle to tell it you have the winter package otherwise they will be no way to turn it on or off.

You could get creative and simply install a toggle switch which would hurt turn the heated wheel on or off there are no temperature adjustments for the heated wheel it is simply on or off.
You would still need all of the above hardware and some expertise.

Time ecu is in the wheel. Change the clockspring/column it all plugs in.
It needs to be turned on by Tesla or someone with access to vehicle configuration.
I have an S produced in 2014, with AP and winter package - all 5 heated seats, heated vipers -- but not heated wheel. Will I need a new clockspring or would it suffice to get a new wheel?

kind regards, Erik