Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my heater stopped working in my 2021 Model 3 SR+. I noticed last week that there was a loud whirling sound coming from the front of my car but didn't think anything of it. Now that my heater isn't working i think it might be that the heat pump died or is not working properly.

Have it scheduled in to get it looked at next Friday but wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems in Australia (i know there are tons of similar issues in other parts of the world).

...anyone else has had similar problems in Australia (i know there are tons of similar issues in other parts of the world)...

I don't think it has anything with locations. It has everything with experience and competency. Tesla has done very well with traditional resistive heater and conventional Air Conditioner since 2008. Tesla never had a heat pump until recently. The first Model 3 that got a heat pump was in 2021. It's easy to simulate in computer to see how well it works but it's another story to use it in real life.

The heating/cooling in our 21 MIC SR+ has faulted too. Tesla did some diagnosis OTA when we booked in a service call but didn't elaborate on the problem. I'll be interested to hear what the problem is as it looks like yours will be done before the date of our service.