Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heathrow Supercharger ( Bath Road) Showing A £5 Charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put in the T3/4 Spercharger for my trip tomorrow and the car is showing a £5 charge to park for 2hrs and charge!
Anyone know if this is true? The last time I was there the barriers were bust and stuck up (And the chargers were full on non Tesla’s but that a different matter 🤬)

If you mean the T2/T3 Supercharger you get one hour free, and then about another 45 minutes on the ticket when they validate it at reception.

However, the last few times I’ve been the ANPR on the barriers opened them automatically. I don’t know if this is because they have a database from Tesla or just because I’ve been there so often.

Be wary at rush hour - it’s open to all so although it might show 6 spaces free they’re actually being blocked. I was lucky tonight - jumped on the last available charger and three Teslas queuing by the time I left 15 minutes later.

There’s never a queue at the T5 Hilton chargers, and they’re cheaper, but they’re a bit of a pain to get to.

If you mean the T2/T3 Supercharger you get one hour free, and then about another 45 minutes on the ticket when they validate it at reception.

However, the last few times I’ve been the ANPR on the barriers opened them automatically. I don’t know if this is because they have a database from Tesla or just because I’ve been there so often.

Be wary at rush hour - it’s open to all so although it might show 6 spaces free they’re actually being blocked. I was lucky tonight - jumped on the last available charger and three Teslas queuing by the time I left 15 minutes later.

There’s never a queue at the T5 Hilton chargers, and they’re cheaper, but they’re a bit of a pain to get to.
Yep, thanks Fursty.
Unfortunately I need a good 20% - 90% charge so the T5 Hilton ones I’d also have to pay extra for.

I’ve had to queue for the Renaissance Hotel chargers before - perhaps if they do start charging £5 just to charge I’ll not have to queue!!

I’ll see tomorrow morning if they have changed their policy….

Well I’ve just been to the front desk and the chap there gave me a free card to exit the car park. I asked about the new charging scheme and he said there’s something coming soon.

Went back to car and a workman was removing the small white signs between the chargers saying 1hr free…..