Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heatmap for parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I rented a Model 3 and noticed while parking it displayed what looked like a heatmap of objects nearby rather than the distance to the object. I can’t seem to find out how to enable this feature on my 2022 Model 3. Any ideas?

You’re seeing vision-based Park Assist, which is used in newer Teslas without USS (ultrasonic sensors). Your car probably has USS, so it still uses the older Park Assist with distances.

I guess vision-based Park Assist has come a long way, because most people complained about it at first and wanted the old version back. 🙂

You’re seeing vision-based Park Assist, which is used in newer Teslas without USS (ultrasonic sensors). Your car probably has USS, so it still uses the older Park Assist with distances.

I guess vision-based Park Assist has come a long way, because most people complained about it at first and wanted the old version back. 🙂
The new features and visualizations are cool. But ultimately USS still has better accuracy. Especially for the front.