Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heavy wear in front passenger tire - should I replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad you got this sorted even though it left a bad impression.

That's BS and the guys at Burbank SC are morons. Copy the report and what they said when you blast them in the review and elsewhere. You might need to be a dick ("Hey man, do you have someone that's like not dumb that I can talk to?") if and when you go back for service.

I'm glad they didn't wind up trying to charge you the $200 for the alignment. Conti likely won't agree to eat the loss for Tesla's screw-ups.

View attachment 632225
My service date finally arrived. When they looked at my tires they insisted the wear was not an alignment problem, but a result of aggressive driving. They also said the passenger side was more worn because I make more fast right turns (wtf?!) I told him I have two kids and this is our family car, but they still insisted my driving was the cause and said it would cost $200 if I also wanted an alignment. I finally said I'd go ahead and just pay the for $600 for two new tires, and they then said they'd do an alignment "as a courtesy."

Turns out the front tires were badly misaligned with toe in as people in this thread had surmised. It's hard to see the numbers, but the front left tire had a .93 toe (with a -.80 camber) and the right side had a .57 toe, for a total toe of 1.50 degrees. Still, they said alignment was not a warranty issue and I had to pay the $600.

btw - why is it that the left front was misaligned, but the right front had the excessive wear?

Reactions: 2left