Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal mileage for a tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit a nail within a week of ownership. Coincidentally its passenger side rear. The Tesla technician told me to replace the tire rather than plug saying plugs are not fool proof. Cost to replace is $400 plus. I am pissed but I asked him to plug for now. At the very least you should get at least 20K out of it.
In my seventeen months and almost 28k miles of ownership I've had nails in both rear tires three times and replaced three tires at a cost of over $400 each.
I make frequent round trips from NJ to Florida and often carry three grandchildren to various soccer and baseball games. One good thing about living in NJ is the Tesla Tire Van will come right to your house. The Tesla technician advised me to purchase a Milwaukee M12 inflator which he carries in his van instead of using the cheaper Kensun air pump that I've been using.
I have no intention of driving I 95 to Florida with plugs in any tires. I see so many vehicles on the side of the road after the Waze lady announces "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead"

I have about 15,400 miles on all four original tires. Our 2023 MYLR is about one year old (purchased on 12/31/23). The tires have not been rotated yet.

I need to purchase one tire because the plug on the passenger rear tire has a slow leak. It was recommended that I purchase two because I was told that the tread on the driver rear has more wear than the front tires.

The technician said that because EVs are heavier, there is more wear on the tires and the mileage expectancy is much lower. But still, it's only been just over 15k. How long should I expect to get out of the Continental 255/45R19s?

Thanks and regards,
2021 M3LR 31K rotated per manual. I could have gone a little longer. But, I'm a pretty conservative driver.