Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello all ! My name is Jeff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have loved the S ever since it came out, but it was always out of my price range. I told myself I would wait until the first lease returns were available and see where the price fell. Well the end of last year they were finally a possibility. I purchased my Pearl White S85 from a retired husband and wife couple from Napa ca. They took amazing care of the car for me :) Thank you very much !
I have been driving my 928 Porsche EV conversion going on ten years now and last fall completed a Factory Five 427 Cobra Replica, also an EV. It is street legal and will be using it in Autocross and Road race events.
Here is a link to my vehicles:

Jeff's 1965 FFR 427 Cobra Roadster

Jeff McCabe's 1984 Porsche 928

I look forward to speaking with many for you. I know I will, because I have a real problem with leaving well enough alone.

Jeff McCabe

I saw your Porsche at Refuel 2014 but was a bit overwhelmed to really talk with any of the conversion car owners besides Daniel w/ the 944(who shared some shade with us). I would still love to build an auto X EV someday, can't race my S forever! There is an Enduro race this weekend in Medford ..no other electrics besides me. It's a bit far from the bay area but I don't know of any tracks similar to this one or as fun! you should check it out - Jackson county sports park, S.S.C.C.

are you running refuel in the Cobra?

I saw your Porsche at Refuel 2014 but was a bit overwhelmed to really talk with any of the conversion car owners besides Daniel w/ the 944(who shared some shade with us). I would still love to build an auto X EV someday, can't race my S forever! There is an Enduro race this weekend in Medford ..no other electrics besides me. It's a bit far from the bay area but I don't know of any tracks similar to this one or as fun! you should check it out - Jackson county sports park, S.S.C.C.

are you running refuel in the Cobra?

Thanks for the Hello ! Yes I will be at ReFuel with the Cobra. Ive put about 1000 street miles on it so far, just working out all the bugs. I used to race bikes at both PIR and SIR in the day, but haven't been to the new track in Medford.

Jeff

Thanks for the Hello ! Yes I will be at ReFuel with the Cobra. Ive put about 1000 street miles on it so far, just working out all the bugs. I used to race bikes at both PIR and SIR in the day, but haven't been to the new track in Medford.

Jeff
I was considering doing Refuel again. I took turn 2 horribly when I ran the TT and think I should be able to do quite a bit better.
The Medford track is a ~20 foot wide Kart track but they run autocross on it and do an Enduro race for the first and last event each year.

funny, I was looking into building an EV in 2010 but put deposit on my S instead because pricing out components the custom EV seemed out of my price range

I have loved the S ever since it came out, but it was always out of my price range. I told myself I would wait until the first lease returns were available and see where the price fell. Well the end of last year they were finally a possibility. I purchased my Pearl White S85 from a retired husband and wife couple from Napa ca. They took amazing care of the car for me :) Thank you very much !
I have been driving my 928 Porsche EV conversion going on ten years now and last fall completed a Factory Five 427 Cobra Replica, also an EV. It is street legal and will be using it in Autocross and Road race events.

I look forward to speaking with many for you. I know I will, because I have a real problem with leaving well enough alone.

Jeff McCabe
Wow your really into your ev,s bet an ev 928 is smart well done on getting your model s the price is out of our reach to not seen many second hand for sale.

Reactions: jeff mccabe
howdy, i have two conversions ready in the pipeline now that i have my model s, first one is a 196X nsu prinz, the other will be my 2011 mazda miata racecar.

Howdy to you right back ! Here are some links to my other conversions.

Im spending most of my time getting the Cobra ready for a track day in May.
The NSU is a cute little micro car, should be a real light conversion. EV's like that !

Jeff

Jeff McCabe
okay... those are some sick EV's man... If I had the money to build one I would do it
Congrats on that pearl S85, nice cars!!!