Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, from Allentown, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 328 too, but it's on operational lease, just as my Model S will be next month. Why ? It's saver and cheaper than owning one !

I was thinking about a lease, though I never did one before. The thing I look at is, even a 2 year lease, after the deposit is 20,000. At that point I would rather put that towards the car, then to give it up. I usually don't keep my cars that long, but I am thinking with thee way Tesla does the software upgrades, I would be able to keep this car for the whole 5 years of the loan.

As I understand, you're writing about a financial lease. In my opinion that specific lease covers only the purchase amount of the car, whereas a full-operational lease covers all total costs .... except parking fees and (speeding) tickets. Basically, it means I rent my cars for a long term of 4 to 5 years. No downpayment, no end charges, just fixed monthly payments :D
I've done this for the past 12 years, after a meeting with my dealer. He simply added up all costs I had the previous years (including interest loss on savings), then divided by the number of months I owned the car.
The result was clear to both of us :)

Hello all!

I have been mulling over the idea of getting a Model S for about a year. I currently have a BMW 328, and my fiance a Subaru Forester (for future kids). I believe the Model S is about 15" longer then my current BMW, and I am reading it is a decent family car.

I keep toying with the idea to get a CPO one, once a good price comes up, but I have only had my current car for 1 year, and my brain keeps telling me to wait, so I don't take such a big hit on the sale of my 2013 328xi.

My work also just built a new building, and they have free electric chargers via chargepoint. This is also another reason I feel like it would make sense to get this car (free charging at work), though my work is only 15 miles away.

I drove a 2013 Model S, and really enjoyed it. My main worry now is that the Model 3's, and the gigafactory battery production, may bring down the price of the 60d, which is the car I am currently looking at. So even though I would love one now, unless I see an awesome deal at the Devon, PA shop, I think my best bet is to wait around another year, before I pull the trigger.

Anyways, I have been lurking on the forums for awhile, and have learned quite a lot, so I appreciate all the info that has been shared already on these forums!

Hey There... Quakertown/Pennsburg here.. curious as to what you decided to do?

Hey There... Quakertown/Pennsburg here.. curious as to what you decided to do?

I really wanted the Hardware 2 revision, so couldn't convince myself to buy an older CPO. But as well, I couldnt convince myself to spend close to 100,000 on a car!

Instead I currently have a reservation on a Model 3, and figure I can put a good amount of options on it, so I can have the newer tech, and still have a car that is close to a price I feel comfortable paying.

Do you have a Model S, or are you waiting on a 3 as well?

I really wanted the Hardware 2 revision, so couldn't convince myself to buy an older CPO. But as well, I couldnt convince myself to spend close to 100,000 on a car!

Instead I currently have a reservation on a Model 3, and figure I can put a good amount of options on it, so I can have the newer tech, and still have a car that is close to a price I feel comfortable paying.

Do you have a Model S, or are you waiting on a 3 as well?

definitely makes sense! I went with a Model S refreshed model, came with AP Version1. missed it by a couple months:( also have a Model 3 on reserve also for the wife ;)