Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Yorba Linda, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I have my MS 90D on order, which arrives in about three weeks. Here in Orange County, CA a Tesla is as common as Toyota Camry, so I struggled with getting a MS because of that. Having recently moved to California from NJ, I've noticed that luxury cars here are more common in general, so it's something I just have to get used to. In NJ, my MB CLS550 stood out and was't that common. In fact, I could go a week without seeing another car like mine. Here in the OC, on any given day, I see as many Teslas as I see MB CLS 550's.

Over the past twenty years I've driven only BMW and Mercedes, so this will be a big departure. I'm excited to go EV, this being my first. My Tesla sales consultant informed me that the Model S was originally built on same frame/chassis as my current MB CLS 550 (which is a nice coincidence) and still shares the common components in the steering column/stalks, which should keep the driving experience somewhat familiar.

I've learned a lot browsing this site and am getting ready to install a charging station at home, while also working with my employer to install an entire stall of charging stations at my office for all of the EV owners at work. This site has been a great resource. Send me a message if you are a fellow Tesla owner in the area and would like to connect. Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone. I have my MS 90D on order, which arrives in about three weeks. Here in Orange County, CA a Tesla is as common as Toyota Camry, so I struggled with getting a MS because of that. Having recently moved to California from NJ, I've noticed that luxury cars here are more common in general, so it's something I just have to get used to. In NJ, my MB CLS550 stood out and was't that common. In fact, I could go a week without seeing another car like mine. Here in the OC, on any given day, I see as many Teslas as I see MB CLS 550's.

Over the past twenty years I've driven only BMW and Mercedes, so this will be a big departure. I'm excited to go EV, this being my first. My Tesla sales consultant informed me that the Model S was originally built on same frame/chassis as my current MB CLS 550 (which is a nice coincidence) and still shares the common components in the steering column/stalks, which should keep the driving experience somewhat familiar.

I've learned a lot browsing this site and am getting ready to install a charging station at home, while also working with my employer to install an entire stall of charging stations at my office for all of the EV owners at work. This site has been a great resource. Send me a message if you are a fellow Tesla owner in the area and would like to connect. Thanks for reading.

Hi @Moneesh welcome to TMC...

I help organize the Tesla Owner's Club of Orange County (neé OC Tesla Club) we have a presence here on TMC and on meetup.com.

Furthermore, we're also on Twitter at @OCTeslaClub. Also send an email to [email protected].

We hold a bi-monthly brunch at Bru Grill and Marketplace in Lake Forest (next one is this Sunday at 9:30AM).

Last edited: